Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

PeeCeeBee V4H GB
PeeCeeBee V4H GB
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2019, 06:16 AM   #901
shaan is offline shaan  India
diyAudio Member
 
shaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kolkata
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpip View Post
Hi Shaan,

Do you have any v4Hr1 boards left? Also, any other associated boards like PSU boards?
Yes.
__________________
V4 GB! | V4H GB!!(ONLINE) | PSU GB!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 06:30 AM   #902
tcpip is offline tcpip  India
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mumbai, India
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan View Post
Yes.
Will PM you. Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 11:28 AM   #903
tcpip is offline tcpip  India
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mumbai, India
Shaan, your drill template needs annotation -- please add the length and width of the rectangle in millimetres.

When you use a PDF file as a drill template, you never know whether your software scaled the printed image slightly. To allow the user to verify that the printout is truly 1:1, you need to put the length and width on the PDF, so that he can first print, then check the size with a scale, then use the template for hole punching.

And thanks for the excellent offline conversation. I'm picking up one pair of amp PCBs and one PSU PCB from you. Thanks for those.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 11:40 AM   #904
shaan is offline shaan  India
diyAudio Member
 
shaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kolkata
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpip View Post
Shaan, your drill template needs annotation -- please add the length and width of the rectangle in millimetres.

When you use a PDF file as a drill template, you never know whether your software scaled the printed image slightly. To allow the user to verify that the printout is truly 1:1, you need to put the length and width on the PDF, so that he can first print, then check the size with a scale, then use the template for hole punching.
Hi.

Drill template has been tested to be ok. But I understand your points. Will add the suggestions shortly.

Quote:
And thanks for the excellent offline conversation. I'm picking up one pair of amp PCBs and one PSU PCB from you. Thanks for those.
Thanks for your interest in peeceebee.
__________________
V4 GB! | V4H GB!!(ONLINE) | PSU GB!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 03:21 PM   #905
redjr is offline redjr  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CT
PeeCeeBee V4H GB
Hi Shaan,

Have a question on the KSE340 and 350 transistors. It's hard to tell what side is up. Is it the side with the writing on it, or the other? The data sheet isn't clear either. Usually, the leads are off-center a bit, and closer to the back means that's the heatsink side. These don't seem to follow that convention. So, thought I would ask before I solder them to the board.
__________________
redjr
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 03:24 PM   #906
bullittstang is offline bullittstang  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Detroit, MI
PeeCeeBee V4H GB
Words are the front
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 03:27 PM   #907
redjr is offline redjr  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CT
PeeCeeBee V4H GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittstang View Post
Words are the front
Thanks Paul.
__________________
redjr
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2019, 02:07 PM   #908
redjr is offline redjr  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CT
PeeCeeBee V4H GB
Shaan,

I'm finally at the testing phase with my V4H amp boards. For my initial testing and settings, I'm using a +- 45VDC SMPS instead of the matching linear PSU. I'm still weighting my options as to which PSU I ultimately go with for this amp build.

My questions is, would the testing values - as indicated in your setup guide - be the same as when using the V4H PSU at +-56VDC?

I didn't trim the VR1/2 before soldering to the board, so it was a little precarious trying to set them correctly prior to testing. Anyway, using 2R/3Watt resistors (I didn't have 1R on hand), and measuring across R25, I got ~240mv by the time it settled out. Would this voltage reading be related to my lower voltage (+- 45VDC) SMPS PSU? Or, is there some other issue I need to investigate that you could point me to?

BTW, the LEDs lite and the 2R resistors did not get warm, nor did I get any magic smoke upon firing it up!

Ideas, comments?

Edit... Testing the 2nd module/channel the voltage across R25 quickly shot up to ~560mV, and the 2R resistors both got very warm, very quickly. No magic smoke though.
__________________
redjr

Last edited by redjr; 18th July 2019 at 02:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2019, 04:37 PM   #909
shaan is offline shaan  India
diyAudio Member
 
shaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kolkata
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjr View Post
Shaan,

I'm finally at the testing phase with my V4H amp boards. For my initial testing and settings, I'm using a +- 45VDC SMPS instead of the matching linear PSU. I'm still weighting my options as to which PSU I ultimately go with for this amp build.

My questions is, would the testing values - as indicated in your setup guide - be the same as when using the V4H PSU at +-56VDC?
Yes.

Quote:
I didn't trim the VR1/2 before soldering to the board, so it was a little precarious trying to set them correctly prior to testing. Anyway, using 2R/3Watt resistors (I didn't have 1R on hand), and measuring across R25, I got ~240mv by the time it settled out. Would this voltage reading be related to my lower voltage (+- 45VDC) SMPS PSU? Or, is there some other issue I need to investigate that you could point me to?
Yes the VAS bias is somewhat dependent on rail voltage as there is no CCS on their collectors. A lower bias at lower rails is normal.

Quote:
BTW, the LEDs lite and the 2R resistors did not get warm, nor did I get any magic smoke upon firing it up!

Ideas, comments?
All is well in this channel

Quote:
Edit... Testing the 2nd module/channel the voltage across R25 quickly shot up to ~560mV, and the 2R resistors both got very warm, very quickly. No magic smoke though.
This is most probably due to lower than recommended value of VR1 and 2, and higher than recommended value for VR3 - at fisrt start. Please set VR1 and 2 to max and VR3 to zero then check.
__________________
V4 GB! | V4H GB!!(ONLINE) | PSU GB!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2019, 04:44 PM   #910
redjr is offline redjr  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CT
PeeCeeBee V4H GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan View Post
Yes.



Yes the VAS bias is somewhat dependent on rail voltage as there is no CCS on their collectors. A lower bias at lower rails is normal.



All is well in this channel



This is most probably due to lower than recommended value of VR1 and 2, and higher than recommended value for VR3 - at fisrt start. Please set VR1 and 2 to max and VR3 to zero then check.
Thanks. I'll check the settings of VR1, 2 and 3 later this afternoon.
__________________
redjr
  Reply With Quote

Reply


PeeCeeBee V4H GBHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PeeCeeBee V4 GB! shaan Group Buys 1023 28th September 2019 05:28 AM
PeeCeeBee shaan Solid State 2806 4th September 2019 12:18 PM
FS :PeeCeeBee V4 meanman1964 Swap Meet 0 1st December 2017 03:54 AM
Retro PeeCeeBee inspired by Juma. gannaji Solid State 20 21st November 2017 01:41 AM
FS: PeeCeeBee PauloPT Swap Meet 10 2nd September 2016 03:48 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 14.29%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio
Wiki