• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4H GB

Shipping Update

Hello everyone.

Shipping has resumed to more countries as per the postal department. In the attached pdf you can find the list of countries for which the normally used AirParcel service has reopened (second column).

Attachments

• IP_INTL_BOOKING.pdf
    7 MB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Здравствуй Шаан! Есть возможность приобрести у Вас две платы, и к ним транзисторы k1058, j162 ?

Hello Shaan! Is it possible to purchase two boards from you, and to them transistors k1058, j162?

:cop: Please post an English translation along with your native language.

: cop: Пожалуйста, разместите английский перевод вместе с вашим родным языком.

Last edited by a moderator:
a little sneak-peek into output behavior of the upcoming amp

Hello fellows!

Here is a table with output characteristics of the upcoming amplifier. For quite some time I have been trying to incorporate a much prominent relaxation of speaker cone control by the output stage of the amplifier. Experiments started after a while of reading about tubes early last year before the world went to hell.

In the two prototypes I built on veroboard the new amp is giving excellent bass range damping below 100Hz. But starting from low-mids and beyond it is letting the cone move much more freely, resulting into a very different production of the frequency range than what I am used to hear while driving the speakers with V4/V4H. The vocals and highs are sounding special, to put it into one word.

Final tests of the new series is underway. I have always loved transconductance amplifier designs, and hated their real-world limitations when driven into typical speakers. I was thinking... what if the amp detects what frequency it is being fed and accordingly loosens or tightens its dominance on the speaker cone movement? Would that mean we will have to bend some of the rules? Will that even work?

Stay tuned! :)

Attachments

• OP_BEHAV.png
    OP_BEHAV.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Shows my latest build here with the PeeCeeBee V4H amplifier 🤓.

Built in a reused cabinet, inherited from a Class A amplifier that had to have larger heatsinks to get rid of heat 😊.

This V4H is built as a dual mono with Delay/DC relay on the outputs. The power supply for the amplifiers is from a separate SMPS for each channel with ± 55Vdc and is at 600W continuous operation at 25 ° C.
I have used some older printed circuit boards for the amplifiers, is Rev.1, but all updates have been done so the amplifiers correspond to Rev.2.

2022-01-06_IMG_7205.jpeg
2022-01-06_IMG_7200.jpeg

Some will probably think that using a 600W PSU is a waste of money, but the purchase cost is lower compared to using a ring core transformer and large capacitor banks. And having good capacity means that PSU works easily with the load that the amplifiers make up.

In my first V4H build I used 500W PSUs, otherwise the same assembly of the modules.
2022-01-06_IMG_7208.jpeg
2022-01-06_IMG_7209_e.jpg

Hi Torvbakkane, where did you buy your nice looking chassis?
Hey 🙂,
It is mainly from China, there are other places, but these come from China via sellers on eBay's website. There are also a good number of sellers for Aluminum Chassis on AliExpress's website.
The two chassis I have used have the following dimensions, the black is 430mm wide, 408mm deep and 150mm high, the one with silver front is also 430mm wide, about 360mm deep and 150mm high.
But aluminum chassis with these dimensions also get in other heights, in both lower or higher. Also without heatsink, but in general most are with heatsink and then with 50mm thickness x length = depth of chassis x height = height of chassis.
But currently it is difficult to get goods from China due to pandemic boom and with the limited transport plane etc. It is best now to send it as express goods (fast shipping). Will send you a PM with more info.

Hey 🙂,
It is mainly from China, there are other places, but these come from China via sellers on eBay's website. There are also a good number of sellers for Aluminum Chassis on AliExpress's website.
The two chassis I have used have the following dimensions, the black is 430mm wide, 408mm deep and 150mm high, the one with silver front is also 430mm wide, about 360mm deep and 150mm high.
But aluminum chassis with these dimensions also get in other heights, in both lower or higher. Also without heatsink, but in general most are with heatsink and then with 50mm thickness x length = depth of chassis x height = height of chassis.
But currently it is difficult to get goods from China due to pandemic boom and with the limited transport plane etc. It is best now to send it as express goods (fast shipping). Will send you a PM with more info.
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. I'll check it out.

Fred