• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4H GB

So I managed to connect all the modules. Just so I can briefly connect it to my main speakers. So far without the front panel, it did not affect the quality of music reproduction :D

I had a short time to listen ... but he plays beautifully. :up:

I found out that there are a lot of members who owned the FO 1.4 M amplifier, I am one of them. FO was not bad, but frequent failures and no support redirected me to V4H and so far I am satisfied. :)

Very happy to know! And that's an excellent dual mono assembly with SMPSs! Do share more pix when you close the cab. :cheers:

Package has arrived . Thanks Shaan.

:up::)

Hi Robodo,

Since you are a former FO 1.4 owner. would you mind asking you how does it sound compared to V4H? It seems like many of the former FO 1.4 owner like the the sound of the V4H. Is it about the base or the mids? Thanks.
Hi fredlock,

I can't compare it directly, because I had other speakers with the FO 1.4M. As someone here has already noted, the FO 1.4M is not a bad amplifier, it also plays good, but the V4H seems to me with better space, localization and bass. V4H has better control at higher volumes. This is my opinion.

Very happy to know! And that's an excellent dual mono assembly with SMPSs! Do share more pix when you close the cab. :cheers: :up::)
Hi shaan,

thanks :) I'll upload more photos later. I have an SMPS 600 from Cresnet, before that I had them connected with FO 1.4M. They work great. ;)

So I managed to connect all the modules. Just so I can briefly connect it to my main speakers...

Hi Robodo.

One little thing... I see that you routed the speaker return (black terminal, -ve) cables to the points where you connected the power supply grounds to the chassis. These two return cables should go directly to their SMPS's onboard ground terminal for least amount of ground interference caused by speaker return current.

Hi Robodo.
One little thing... I see that you routed the speaker return (black terminal, -ve) cables to the points where you connected the power supply grounds to the chassis. These two return cables should go directly to their SMPS's onboard ground terminal for least amount of ground interference caused by speaker return current.
Hi shaan,

thanks for your comment, i've already reconnected. ;)
I made the connection to the chassis near the power supply, via Ground Loop Breaker, for each SMPS separately.

Attachments

• 20210401_193254.jpg
    20210401_193254.jpg
    805.2 KB · Views: 291
After taking a bit of diversion into DHT amps and preamps (quite a bit of fun, and quite educational) I managed to hook up my PeeCeeBees last night for the first time in more than a year.

Though, I did enjoy my original PeeCeeBe build, I did not have big enough of heatsinks for the the voltage I was running. Even set to a low idle current, I couldn't run the amps more than 40 minutes before they were hot enough to cook an egg. So the amps were set aside.

A few weeks ago I was at one of my local Metal suppliers who had a bin of Aluminum plate remnants on super-sale. I picked up two hefty chunks 430 X 200 X 16 mm. $20 for both pieces. I cut some channels in the plates with my table saw to increase the surface area, and gave them a very thin but even coat of flat black spray paint to increase emissivity.

Even at 300ma bias on the MosFets, and few hours of near concert level listening, the heatsinks never got more than pleasantly warm--about like that of a nice heating pad for your sore back.

These are only Rev 1 units, but these are very fine sounding amps!!
I am very glad to get acquainted with them again.

So, thanks once more to shaan for a fine design, and a fine set of PCBs!
And cresnet, too! For I am using his SMPSs!

Best regards,
John