• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4H GB

I got Fairchild KSE340/350 pairs from eBay. The 340s are short-legged :irked:
Any idea on how to mount it in this supposed config.?
Maybe I could raise them with 2mm aluminum?
How hot they get anyways?

Attachments

• IMG_20200714_124937.jpg
    IMG_20200714_124937.jpg
    767.3 KB · Views: 248
Hi Bassivus

The 340s look fishy. So be careful. They dissipate about a watt each under load so you may be able to mount them on the front and cool them with small heatsinks.

But the 340s do give me a bad feeling. The legs look wrong somehow, apart from the fact that these are cut off already!

Hi Bassivus

The 340s look fishy. So be careful. They dissipate about a watt each under load so you may be able to mount them on the front and cool them with small heatsinks.

But the 340s do give me a bad feeling. The legs look wrong somehow, apart from the fact that these are cut off already!

I have inspected 340s with magnifier and it is never installed and production short-legged for sure! Also it measures fine.
I have bought it from eBay but, reputable UK seller. I truly believe that this seller is legit.

Attachments

• IMG_20200714_142501.jpg
    IMG_20200714_142501.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 326
Hi Shaan,

I am using MJE340/350 instead, can I mount them in front with individual heatsinks too?
Will make my install easier.

I think you can but please note that I have never used them mounted on front with their own heatsinks, so cannot guarantee thermal stability this way.

I have inspected 340s with magnifier and it is never installed and production short-legged for sure! Also it measures fine.
I have bought it from eBay but, reputable UK seller. I truly believe that this seller is legit.

:up::)