• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4H GB

Hi Shaan ,finally i completed my V4H at 35Vdc with 500mA per each power FET. The sound very nice and open , the bass low band very good and punch. High-Mid band is crystal clear.
Again, i much appreciate your support and strive for this project

Attachments

• IMG-20181007-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20181007-WA0000.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 356
Shaan, got my V4Hs in Friday. As usual, they are gorgeous boards and I’m looking forward to a fun build! I’ll be using 2x of Prasi/Project16’s CRC PSUs loaded up with 66mf/rail/channel for a dual mono setup.

One question about the BOM, is it possible to use 500v silver mica instead of the 1000v ceramics?

Thanks!
Greg

I'll be using 500V mica caps when I get my boards.
There are a number of photos which show mica caps being used in this thread.

Hi Shaan,
I got the boards. Good quality! Thanks.
Do you use a coil on the output? If so, where?

Hi Oracle,
if the transformer outputs are 35Vac you will get approximately 49Vdc when filtered. I think Shaan used 56Volts dc for his specifications.
I will be using something similar to you.

Do you think it impoves the sound a lot ?
How much capacity do you have on each rails of final stage ?

I've completed the V4 (50W) with 38Vdc linear psu. I have 20000uF on each rails, and I noticed 0.1V of voltage ripple. I was wondering how it impacts the sounds quality and if I should do something about it, (increasing caps values, switching to SMPS, or maybe separated PSU like you did).

Shaan, got my V4Hs in Friday. As usual, they are gorgeous boards and I’m looking forward to a fun build! I’ll be using 2x of Prasi/Project16’s CRC PSUs loaded up with 66mf/rail/channel for a dual mono setup.

One question about the BOM, is it possible to use 500v silver mica instead of the 1000v ceramics?

Thanks!
Greg

Woah! Them BIG silos sir!

Yes MICA is MOST welcome.

Hi Shaan ,finally i completed my V4H at 35Vdc with 500mA per each power FET. The sound very nice and open , the bass low band very good and punch. High-Mid band is crystal clear.
Again, i much appreciate your support and strive for this project

Wow that's a very pretty case, and great insides too! Congrats! Please do share some more pictures when you have free time.

Thanks for your interest in peeceebee and I am very happy that you like its sound.

Shaan may i ask. If i have a transformer with 2x35v 250W, is there a problem for one channel?

For V4H no problemo. For V4 it is a little too high.

Hi Shaan,
I got the boards. Good quality! Thanks.
Do you use a coil on the output? If so, where?

Great to know you got the boards. There are no coils at output. You can use one off-board if necessary for your application. Typical 10uH in parallel with 10R resistors will be fine.

Hi Shaan,
Can you send two boards and associated components?
Regards

Yes I can. You will have PM shortly with cost details.

I am sorry for the late responses. Sprained my lower back a week ago from prolonged sitting and then suddenly trying to get up. Today I'm sitting comfortably on the chair and walking well, so went to the market, bought a few components and now typing. :)

Joined 2014
Paid Member

I am sorry for the late responses. Sprained my lower back a week ago from prolonged sitting and then suddenly trying to get up. Today I'm sitting comfortably on the chair and walking well, so went to the market, bought a few components and now typing. :)[/QUOTE]

Shaan,
Back pain is a very tricky issue,
I wish you a speedy recovery :)

:cheers:

Yes the speaker protection associated on the main dc recitifier for backend. U can see the picture
And the frontend , i use shunt type dc regulated supply with 30mA current (per each channel) backup real time, which is in parallel to the load.

Attachments

• 20180908_172348_HDR.jpg
    20180908_172348_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Yes the speaker protection associated on the main dc recitifier for backend. U can see the picture
And the frontend , i use shunt type dc regulated supply with 30mA current (per each channel) backup real time, which is in parallel to the load.

Hi CK,
I see that you are using a uPC1237 chip and relay for speaker protection.

How are you powering the small transformer(s) for the regulators?
Are you running mains voltage (220Vac) from your power supply chassis into your amp chassis?

Regards
Harry

My another DIY friend told me the power toroidal and large cap wrapped by copper foil can make background noise more silent. I think so and try on my preamp. The result is better than not wrap version , especially the high band would change more silk and smooth .
Sorry shunt regulated supply i dont have a circuit. I just order the kit .