• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy: DCT03 DC trap (filter) for toroidal transformers

I would like 2 boards & will sign up on your page. I do need some guidance though...

Ive got an 2000va toroid with sporatic hum. Quite a lot of current which will blow fuses below 16A(slow blow in breaker cab) 230v. I need help dimensioning the parts for dc trap. Can i follow your BOM or do i need other parts?

I think your transformer needs a softstart besides a DC filter. In case you are interested, I have a pcb for that.

The BOM I have will work good for your needs. The capacitors take all current up to 30 amps, after that the current will flow through the diodes also and the diodes can take 12 amps. under normal circumstances all current will go through the caps.

6 amps - I have more of them than that.

So when I first read the group buy info it said if you have 6 amps you need this, now i said between all my rooms and my headphone amps I know I have more than 6 amps but why does that matter? Then the fog cleared and I realized what you are talking about. My 250W/ channel amp main transformer hums from time to time and I assumed it was loose lamination because it came to me from Canada in a box poorly pack and taken quite a beating. Now I question if it could be dc in my lines, how do you determine I’d you do have dc in your mains?
By the way my first smt build was your chip amp and they are still working today ( gifted them to a friend who uses them regularly). I have built many smt projects since due to good experience .
Thank you
Bill