• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy: DCT03 DC trap (filter) for toroidal transformers

There's some interest in a GB for the components (UK only, sorry). As a rough guide a set of 6 caps, 16 diodes and 4 PCB terminal blocks is looking like being about £30 per set (maybe slightly less) plus postage. I've used RS for prices and they only sell the Caps in multiples of 60 which is enough for 10 boards. I'm down for 2 so that would leave enough components for 8 more. I've had interest in respect of 4 boards so I need to cover 4 more to make it worthwhile.

There's some interest in a GB for the components (UK only, sorry). As a rough guide a set of 6 caps, 16 diodes and 4 PCB terminal blocks is looking like being about £30 per set (maybe slightly less) plus postage. I've used RS for prices and they only sell the Caps in multiples of 60 which is enough for 10 boards. I'm down for 2 so that would leave enough components for 8 more. I've had interest in respect of 4 boards so I need to cover 4 more to make it worthwhile.

I would be interested in 2 sets - thanks Graham
ps: PM sent

I now have sufficient interest (10 boards including my 2) to make it worth doing this. I'm going to use RS as they seem to have the best price for the caps which are the most expensive part, the only drawback is that the multiples are 60 pieces so it only makes sense to order for sufficient components for 10 /20 / 30 etc. boards so it's unlikely I'll be able to accommodate anyone that hasn't expressed an interest unless there's enough demand for a further 10 boards worth.

The parts I'm planning to order (RS part numbers are):

Diodes - 7001202
Caps - 1713186
PCB Terminal blocks - 4948906

I'll give it a day to see if anyone objects to any of these but, failing that, I'll go ahead and place the order. Once that's done I'll PM those interested with costs and requesting details.

I've gone ahead and ordered the parts as above, sufficient for 8 sets after my 2 which is enough for all those that expressed an interest. The cost per set of components was £28.83, Postage for 2 sets will be in the region of £4.55 (there's nearly 1Kg of caps!) for first class so hopefully you'll all be happy if I set the price for 2 sets at £65 including postage. Any surplus will be donated to a deserving audio forum.

One big box of capacitors:

img_1981.jpg

Here are the sets of parts ready for posting:

img_1984.jpg