• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pure Evoke/Avanti Flow - New Display Module

All gone now - but new stock on the way

Sorry - Current batch all gone! However, this morning I have completed an order for more, I was toying with the idea of using cheap delivery to get the cost even lower but as the eta would be approx 4/5 weeks for a saving of about 25p per display I decided to stick with DHL and approx 8/10 days.

New List:-

Gttnewbie +3
TheBoyRoos +1
MiniMan1275 +1

Hi
Sorry to be a pain, I've fitted my screen, surprisingly easy!
But only about a third of the screen actually displays anything.
Is the radio just knackered? Or could the replacement screen be faulty? Or have I just done something daft?
Thank you!

Hi - That is a disappointment! I tested all the screens before sending them out so that should be ok, however - they are very delicate and I think the action of folding the ribbon back on itself can easily strain the junction between the ribbon and the screen, and that is how the power gets from the microprocessor (on the ribbon) to the individual pixels.
A somewhat compromised design I think - they could be made more robust but I guess they would then be a bit bigger.

I'll send you a PM.

The displays are being shipped by TNT Worldwide this time (Local issue with DHL in China) but I expect the delivery duration will be similar. I'll update the thread when there is some more tracking info.

The list so far:-

Gttnewbie +3
TheBoyRoos +1
MiniMan1275 +1
tws068 +2 (paid)
Nosnow +1
ElectroRosie +1
ulrikken +2 (paid)

Display fitting service?

Some people are understandably reluctant to take their radio apart to fit the new display and they are easily damaged so I offer the following:-

Post your radio to me and I will supply & fit a new display to your radio, test & return for £28.50. This includes the cost of the display and UK postage back to you.

If you are interested please send me a PM.

Hi AJSDyno, I've got 2 Flow's with useless displays. If I've missed the latest order can you kindly include me for any future orders you may do? TIA.

No problem, list updated.

Gttnewbie +3
TheBoyRoos +1
MiniMan1275 +1
tws068 +2 (paid)
Nosnow +1 (paid)
ElectroRosie +1 (fitting - paid)
ulrikken +2 (paid)
pureevil +1
stuff4bgs +1 (paid)
woodymogs +2