• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest for Potential GB for Pioneer Super Linear Circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You wil need 2 boards for stereo.

But most likely we shall offer a package (only), which includes :

2x Super Linear (SL) boards
2 pairs Discrete Regulators
1x SMD Danyuk Cross Feed Filter

The regulators will be decided only after the independent audition.
But most likely it will make use of the same devices as in the SL circuit itself.
This guarantees the same noise and linearity performance.

Patrick

Is there any chance to approve these The DAO SE all-FET Class-A ZGF Headphone Amplifier

Patrick,

Will there be a connectivity or wiring diagram showing how to connect the boards, power source, protection board to each other and the inputs and output jacks, volume control etc?

I assume the BOM will be included to order parts. My part bin is "0" :)
unfortunately so having an accuurate list is greatly appreciated etc.

Having part numbers for Mouser, Digikey etc is also really nice if at all possible.

Thanks
Alex

If the question is whether this is a beginner's project, the answer is no.
I simply do not have the time to nurse every build with every detail. So I 'd rather be honest.
You are always welcome to edit the subscription list if it does not meet your needs or expectation.

I shall answer all meaningful technical questions at the main thread if they pop up.

As for the amp PCB, all the connections are pretty obvious for the experienced builder.
(e.g IN, Gnd, OUT, +Vs, -Vs, etc.)
The BoM for the SL HPA is already included in the PDF document at the main thread.
There is no change as far as I am concerned, but people are free to try substitutes.

As and when they are ready, further documents will be made available for the cross feed and the regulators.
Again the connections are pretty obvious (+Vin, +Vout, Gnd, etc.)
They are also 78xx / 79xx pin compatible.

The link to the protection board has already been posted, so you will find the description and BoM there.
Again the connections are all labelled on the PCB and are obvious.

We source our components from different companies, so I do not have a list of Mouser part numbers ready made.
But it should not take you more than 30 minutes to put together a project file for Mouser, etc.
So perhaps you would then like to share it with others.

Sorry for disappointing,
Patrick

Originally Posted by leejh View Post
Pluplog 2 set
Lung 1 set
701c 1 set
anatech 1 set
Morde 2 sets
av-trouvaille 1 set
Mjjg 1 set
arthur 3 sets
mlackey 1 set
mlloyd1 1 set
ginum 1 set
Bvtrinh 1 set
ymwong 2 sets
leejh 2 sets
Lucylu 1 set

Subtotal 21sets

Removed adydula

For those who are serious with this project and want the best results :

While waiting for the PCBs, you may consider starting with transistor matching.
I suggest you buy minimum 100 each of 2SA1312BL / 2SC3324BL.
Probably 25 each 2SA1859 / 2SC4883. And 25 pcs 2Sk209GR (optional input buffer).
Your matching yield will improve a lot with a larger pool.
So best is to organise yourselves to pool together and group match.

Bear in mind that for one stereo build, including regulators you need (minimum even without maching) :
20x 2SA1312BL
20x 2SC3324BL
4x 2SA1859
4x 2SC4883
8x 2SK209GR

You will need a multi-meter with hfe measurement function.
And a SOT23 test socket (may from ebay).
Plus of course a lot of patience.

It took me about an hour to measure and sort 100 pieces.

Patrick

The only question mark is whether the regulators are quiet enough.
I think they are. But if not we need to go to Didden regulators.
This will increase the bill quite a lot, which I try to avoid.

In any case it does not affect the BoM for the amps themselves.
For the regulators, you need to add some resistors and 4x LM329DZ.
Or you want to wait for the BoM of the cross feed ?

Maybe you can post your DK BoM to make it easier for others ?

Patrick

Ok, so maybe that was my grave mistake. I was planning to use a 10k ladder type constant input impedance attenuator but maybe its not low enough? I dont’t have acces to the ref. 1 (secure.aes.org) mentioned in your pdf-file, so I somehow missed the buffer. Can you please provide a schematic for the buffer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.