• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Baby Huey PCB

received el84 pcbs too:)
however i will be away for 3 days, so will start sending invoices from Wednesday.

regards
Prasi

Attachments

• IMG_20181221_195323-min.jpg
    IMG_20181221_195323-min.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_20181221_195434-min.jpg
    IMG_20181221_195434-min.jpg
    829 KB · Views: 268
Hello Prasi,

With this batch there is now more than 500 Baby Huey PCB produced ! I would not have believed that when I started to make a PCB based on Ian (gingertube) EL84 Baby Huey thread :drink:

As I am looking to your picture, I see a little mistake on the serigraph : since this EL84 new version is not based on the old one but on the EL34 proven design, when I modified it to accommodate the 9-pin sockets instead of the octal ones, I have forgotten to change the value of the AC input voltage of 275 V which is too much for EL84 tubes :eek:

I would not recommend to exceed 225 - 230 V :)

Best regards
Marc

Hello Prasi,

With this batch there is now more than 500 Baby Huey PCB produced ! I would not have believed that when I started to make a PCB based on Ian (gingertube) EL84 Baby Huey thread :drink:

As I am looking to your picture, I see a little mistake on the serigraph : since this EL84 new version is not based on the old one but on the EL34 proven design, when I modified it to accommodate the 9-pin sockets instead of the octal ones, I have forgotten to change the value of the AC input voltage of 275 V which is too much for EL84 tubes :eek:

I would not recommend to exceed 225 - 230 V :)

Best regards
Marc

Hello Marc,
thanks to you (and Ian), 500 PCBs must be an achievement or sure!.

I think the mistake on serigraph is not a big issue and probably best to let it be known on the build thread/ or in the documentation.

I also feel EL84 build thread should be separate from the EL34 build thread so as to avoid confusion for builders. what do you say?

regards
Prasi

Hello Prasi

You have said :"I also feel EL84 build thread should be separate from the EL34 build thread so as to avoid confusion for builders. what do you say?"

I don't think this is necessary because, as you have seen, the EL84 Baby Huey is EXACTLY the same design that the EL34 Baby Huey with only different output tubes and sockets, it is like to make a separate thread for 6V6, 6L6, 6550, KT88, etc... Beside that, there is already an original EL84 thread from "gingertube", therefor too much thread on the same subject could make it more difficult to update information on the project :)

For ALL technical questions regarding both EL84 and EL34 Baby Huey PCB, please go to EL34 Baby Huey Amplifier where I will try to answer regularly :D Please don't use PM for technical questions since the subject and the answer can be useful for others, and I don't read PM very often...

I have also enclosed in this thread the last common BOM for these PCB, which was already published yesterday on the EL34 Baby Huey Amplifier forum (you see the problem of duplicating information ;)) !

Merry Christmas and Happy Year, New:santa2:
Marc

Attachments

• BOM EL34 and EL84 Baby Huey Dec 23, 2018.pdf
    863.6 KB · Views: 199
Thanks Vunce,

Just to let everyone know, I have started sending the paypal invoices , 10-15 at a time so as not to make any mistakes. Once all the invoices are sent, I will let it be known here

I understand that everyone will be enjoying their holidays and may not have access to net/ PC. So , there is no hurry, enjoy your holidays!. You may make the payment at leisure after returning from holidays.

If anyone has difficulty in receiving the paypal invoice, please let me know. Sometimes, emails from paypal are flagged as promotion/spam email and may not be delivered in your email Inbox (my experience).

regards
Prasi

Personal reasons

Hi, due to personal reason that have come up unexpectedly I wonder if it is possible to back out of the GB??
I realize that it is very late in the process but I hope and belive that it would be doable.

If possible I want to remain only for a pair of EL34 boards and if you are able to find buyers standing in queue for one pair of EL34 and two pairs of EL84 it would be fantastic.
You can contact me via PM if needed.