• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Baby Huey PCB

Hello Francois,
presently I am collecting details (name address and paypal email) from the GB subscribers as the PCB's are getting manufactured.
Once the PCBs are delivered to me, I shall send a paypal invoice to the members. And then if the payment is made against the invoice, I will ship the PCBs.

I will let it be known here once pcbs are delivered to me.
I see that against your username in the google sheets as per #718, you need to share me your details via PM.

Last edited:
Hello Anwesh and other GB subscribers,

I may not be able to respond individually to all the PMs acknowledging the receipt of name /address/paypal . Sorry for this. However you may check the status on the google sheets.

For Indian subscribers, the payment will be by bank transfer and i shall share the details once the pcbs are delivered to me.
For all others, payment shall be by Paypal. I shall send a paypal invoice to the members, once pcbs are delivered to me.

Regards
Prasi

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi prasi,
You never know what people will be interested in. Heck, I might even pick something up if it strikes me as interesting.

Around this place, we normally see people who missed a GB because they didn't even know it existed. They make great projects for someone beginning as it is debugged and there is lots of support. This kind of thing is of great value to our members.

-Chris

Hello Chris,
Thanks for making me aware.
these days people want pcb as well as components in the form of a kit. e.g. JLH amp, there are many designs posted or available all over internet, but still people prefer aliexpress/ ebay kits.

Also on the decline, is people making their own home etched single sided PCBs. The sales of cheap chinese 100mm x 100mm pcbs is on the rise, as evident from many many Chinese board house cropping up. Although I agree that quality per unit $ is too good to be true. I started my diy with home etched pcbs and preferred designing single sided pcbs, but now switched over to cheap double sided pcbs from China for small circuits.

Anyway, I shall follow your suggestion and get rid of all extra things I no longer have a requirement.

regards
prasi

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi prasi,
Some of us want a "Heathkit" with everything included. I do when special parts are involved. If a case is available, like with some small low distortion oscillators I built - GREAT! We all like our projects to look good.

To be honest, if the parts are available, then a BOM with Digikey and / or Mouser numbers should suffice. I don't see why a normal project without special requirements needs a parts kit. You can even store the required parts as a BOM at Digikey and give access to it. Then there is lower cost for everyone and no fuss involved at all.

I do repairs and make prototypes, so having to order parts here and there is normal for me. Maybe not for someone starting out who might be afraid of ordering the wrong parts. The BOM option solves that. The parts vendors can create your parts kits for you.

-Chris

Hello Chris,
that heathkit site do have interesting products. i might build 'most reliable clock gc-1006' myself.
Thanks for all of your suggestions, i have been through all of them, and no longer depend upon reputed sites for components except may be for actives.
there are great local manufacturers/suppliers/dealers, who dont have online presence. e.g. pcb manufacturers and some passive component manufacturers and dealers. they have been around for ages and who don't take risk of fake components, so you are guaranteed for genuine stuff.
regards
Prasi

Hello All,
received el34 pcbs -40 nos.
I will now start sending invoices to people who only booked el34.
dtaylo3 4 nos.
Frankgh 2nos.

Once , both el34 and el84 are available (probably after Christmas), I will start with other bookings.
regards
Prasi

Attachments

• 17.12.2018_el34-min.jpg
    17.12.2018_el34-min.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Hi prasi,
I suggested those sites as everyone has access to them. Nothing more than making your BOM easily available to most of the people possible. Plus, they can always take teh actual device number and buy them locally if they want.

-Chris

Yes sir, I understood and agree completely. I was merely suggesting an option to people to search for reliable local retailers/dealers and not depend on big companies like mouser/digikey for everything.
big companies have big overheads (website/IT management, customer care, big warehouse costs, shipping departments, etc )that are passed on to the customers atleast partially even after considering economies of scale.
Its been my experience that I can get original components that are sold at considerably lesser price locally than that of rscomponents/element14, etc.
Yes, a bom always works best, here is my crc supply bom, that is complete with sch, stuffing guide, mouser parts and also some calculations for component selection which many people have appreciated.
Based on this, people can research for local components and make it economical to build such circuits.
I believe, Marc has made available everything possible to make it easy to build this amp.
regards
Prasi