• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Baby Huey PCB

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Eric,

Yes, silkscreen both sides of the PCB might be useful, but as is Marc and Prasi’s PCB is not a problem. Simply place all the tube sockets, small resistors, semiconductors, etc on top (where you have the silkscreen) and the few large caps under the PCB (observing polarity, of course). The small parts are small enough to fit easily between the top plate and the PCB, attached with suitable stand-off spacers. The tubes are sticking through holes in the top plate. See for example Bas’ nice thread on how he built it:

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/oh-no-not-another-baby-huey-el84-build.351919/

Hi Prasi

I’m wondering why the tubes sockets are on the wrong side of the PCB...this is bad but I know it’s not you that work on the original PCB.
I bought 4 of these EL84 PCBs not knowing about this...I just found out...that’s a shame.

Picture shown below is an example on how it should be, the pin number must be clockwise.

BR
Eric
You can solder other parts on other side.

Hello Ranko,
here baby huey mk2 and its psu for your reference.
regards
prasi

Attachments

• BABY HUEY PSU SCH.png
    BABY HUEY PSU SCH.png
    471.8 KB · Views: 309
  • BABY HUEY PSU.png
    BABY HUEY PSU.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 302
  • view from bottom.png
    view from bottom.png
    883.1 KB · Views: 287
  • view from top side.png
    view from top side.png
    964.2 KB · Views: 298
  • baby huey el34 mk2 sch.png
    baby huey el34 mk2 sch.png
    318.5 KB · Views: 288
Reactions: 1 users
Nice work Prasi.

To make it easier to build I would add 5 small holes in the pcb. One in the Center of each tube and the 2 others where the screw of each of the trim pots is located. I’m aware you provided a illustration showing the dimensions but it’s much easier to know exactly where to punch the openings when there’s holes in the PCB.

Just an idea,
Eric

Reactions: 1 user
Hello. Since no one has a PCB for Baby Huey anymore, could you please send me the basic graphic documentation for future production?

The current manufacturing companies require graphic layers in vectors and preferably for PCB production in format for GERBER RS274x and for Excelon 2:4 hole drilling

Alternatively, what format did you use when you ordered the PCB production.

Thank you for your quick reply.