• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Baby Huey PCB

New update :

lordoff 2 PayPal paid
rock4016 2 please send email and post address
zum911 2 request cancelled
mituisho 2 PayPal paid
Lutto 2 PayPal paid
Kroma 2 PayPal paid
samsie 2 PayPal invoice sent

Please rock4016 can you confirm and send email and post address or I will have to offer your set to other audio fan...

One reservation cancelled, so this is a last opportunity to buy a pair of PCB :)

Cheers,
Marc

New update Oct 14 :

lordoff 2 PayPal paid
rock4016 2 please send email and post address
mituisho 2 PayPal paid
Lutto 2 PayPal paid
Kroma 2 PayPal paid
samsie 2 PayPal invoice sent
pcan 2 PayPal invoice sent

collux 2 on waiting list...

Please rock4016 can you confirm and send email and post address or I will have to offer your set to collux !

Cheers,
Marc

New update Oct 15:

lordoff 2 PayPal paid
rock4016 0 didn't answer, removed !!!
mituisho 2 PayPal paid
Lutto 2 PayPal paid
Kroma 2 PayPal paid
samsie 2 PayPal paid
pcan 2 PayPal paid

collux 2 PayPal invoice sent

Every body have paid :), but since rock4016 didn't send mail & post address :mad:, the last two boards will be given to collux !

Cheers,
Marc

New update Oct 16:

Here is the latest and complete status for the Group Buy :

silvercosworth 6
rongon 2
scd 2
leejh 6
manniraj 2
carrier bag man 2
matejsirk 6
rene 6
sigfire 2
fabian85 2
rpeter 2
sylvain 2
acccruz 2
big cheese 2
potepuh 2
lucylu 2
zman01 2
cambe 2
tomlang 2
dieterk 2
overtheairbroadcast 2
faa 4
abszero 4
lordoff 2
mituisho 2
Lutto 2
Kroma 2
samsie 2
pcan 2
collux 2

Total = 80 PCB's for 30 vacuum tube fans !

All have been paid, thanks for your help and kindness in this new experience for me :)
That was a big work, but I learned a lot and finally I found Paypal quite simple and very fast. May be I will offer an other PCB in the futur like the RIAA preampli based on the Merlin Blencowe book "Designing High-Fidelity Tube Preamps"...

The boards are already in production and should arrive here next week. After I will have to ship them to 30 different address worldwide, an other interesting challenge, I have already bought the sealed air enveloppes ;)

Until I send the PCB's you can discuss technical subjects on the original forum : EL84 Amp - Baby Huey I will tell you when the boards will be shipped.

Cheers,
Marc

May be I will offer an other PCB in the futur like the RIAA preampli based on the Merlin Blencowe book "Designing High-Fidelity Tube Preamps"...

Do you mean the one with the PC97 input tube? I was just thinking about that one! I'm hoping to make a version of that with EC97 as the first stage, and ECC88 as the second and third stages. Keep us posted!
--

Last edited:
@ilorev,

Sorry but the production is already made and all boards have already been ordered :(

@rongon

Yes, this is the one with the PC97, but you can use an EC97 (I use a resistor to get 4.5 V from the 6.3 V, it can be replaced by a jumper), the EC97 is very difficult to find, my board can also be used with PC900 or EC900... The second stage can use ECC82 or 6N1P which is pin compatible with ECC88, for more detail refer to the thread : Merlin RIAA Preamp

Good news : the EL34 ampli PCB are arrived :) photo will follow !

Cheers,
Marc

Hi,

As promised, the photo of the 80 PCB's :)

Now, I have to send them to 30 different destinations World Wide... It will take few days, but I will publish when I send them and please let me know when you have received your PCB's.

It may take longer for some Countries... I will start today !

Cheers,
Marc

Attachments

• EL34 ampli PCB's.JPG
    EL34 ampli PCB's.JPG
    483.4 KB · Views: 460
@ilorev,

Sorry but the production is already made and all boards have already been ordered :(

@rongon

Yes, this is the one with the PC97, but you can use an EC97 (I use a resistor to get 4.5 V from the 6.3 V, it can be replaced by a jumper), the EC97 is very difficult to find, my board can also be used with PC900 or EC900... The second stage can use ECC82 or 6N1P which is pin compatible with ECC88, for more detail refer to the thread : Merlin RIAA Preamp

Good news : the EL34 ampli PCB are arrived :) photo will follow !

Cheers,
Marc

What about EC95?

A newbie question, is this tube amp can be used only as a power amp that I can connect a source via a tube buffer/line stage (which has a volume pot)? Will be using this in combination with my BA3 preamp or my Tube Buffer being built to power my newly build Jericho Horns with Fostex 208 Sigma drivers.

Thanks

A newbie question, is this tube amp can be used only as a power amp that I can connect a source via a tube buffer/line stage (which has a volume pot)? Will be using this in combination with my BA3 preamp or my Tube Buffer being built to power my newly build Jericho Horns with Fostex 208 Sigma drivers.

Thanks

Just add a volume pot and you're good. You should be fine without a dedicated pre-amp in most situations.

@manniraj & mbrennwa

Both solutions are possible, in fact there is already a volume pot designed on the board... You can use it either :

1) as a level trimmer to adjust the two channel gain if you are using a separate preamplifier for volume control and / or input selection

or

2) as a volume pot connexion for an integrated amplifier, you can just connect a dual 20k or 50k log pot to the pins of the replaced on board pot !

@matejsirk

I had a quick look at the EC95 datasheet, both tube are compatible, it seem that the EC97 replaced in 1962 the older EC95 from 1959... However 6.3 V heather tube are difficult to find, that's why I used a 300 mA PC97 tube much cheaper... If you are using a 6.3 V tube, just replace R31 & R39 3W resistors by a jumper :)

Cheers,
Marc

Hi tubes lovers,

I have started PCB's shipment only today because I had a very bad problem with my back since 3 days, in France we call it "lumbago" but I don't know if it is the same word in English ?
Beside that, when I wanted to make the stamps and the code for the tracking online, I found that I did not have the good adhesive label :mad: I ordered them with Amazon Prime, but the post was close after Saterday noon... And finaly this morning I go to the doctor and wait 2 hours...

Anyway, I have been able to prepare 20 packs that are currently carried to the post by my wife :) I will send you the tracking number later because I am not very comfortable at the computer.

silvercosworth 6 shipped
rongon 2 shipped
scd 2 shipped
leejh 6
manniraj 2 shipped
carrier bag man 2 shipped
matejsirk 6 shipped
rene 6 shipped
sigfire 2 shipped
fabian85 2 shipped
rpeter 2 shipped
sylvain 2
acccruz 2
big cheese 2 shipped
potepuh 2 shipped
lucylu 2 shipped
zman01 2 shipped
cambe 2 shipped
tomlang 2 shipped
dieterk 2 shipped
overtheairbroadcast 2 shipped
faa 4 shipped
abszero 4 shipped
lordoff 2
mituisho 2
Lutto 2
Kroma 2
samsie 2
pcan 2
collux 2

The other remaining 10 packs will be shipped tomorrow...

Post a message to confirm when you receive them :)

Best regards,
Marc

Marc,

Sorry to hear about the back problem and hope you feel better soon. "Lumbago" is the general term referring to lower back pain - so I am guessing it is a common term.

Thanks for getting the boards shipped out, and please provide the tracking number when health and time allows.

Hi,

All the 80 boards have been shipped now :D The last 10 pack were posted this afternoon by my wife, since I am still not 100% OK I will send the tracking numbers by mail...

silvercosworth 6 shipped
rongon 2 shipped
scd 2 shipped
leejh 6 shipped
manniraj 2 shipped
carrier bag man 2 shipped
matejsirk 6 shipped
rene 6 shipped
sigfire 2 shipped
fabian85 2 shipped
rpeter 2 shipped
sylvain 2 shipped
acccruz 2 shipped
big cheese 2 shipped
potepuh 2 shipped
lucylu 2 shipped
zman01 2 shipped
cambe 2 shipped
tomlang 2 shipped
dieterk 2 shipped
overtheairbroadcast 2 shipped
faa 4 shipped
abszero 4 shipped
lordoff 2 shipped
mituisho 2 shipped
Lutto 2 shipped
Kroma 2 shipped
samsie 2 shipped
pcan 2 shipped
collux 2 shipped

Again, please confirm when you receive the boards ?

Thanks & Best regards,
Marc