• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy: SSR03 Super Regulator Power Supply Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! I accidentally killed one of the caps, 100uF 50V (I put it the wrong way). So I took whatever I could find, a 220uf 50V and put it in place of c60 (on the output). Can that affect performance badly, make it oscillating or something? Is it better to use a smaller cap, I also found a 47uf laying around.
I can measure noise 4,7mV p-p on the negative output(where the wrong value cap is placed). Is that the cause?
I'm planning to exchange that cap for the correct value next time I order some components anyhow, but its good to know.

I usead a cheap usb osilloscope to measure, so it may not be reliable. It has a function showing p-p voltage when measuring. However the positive voltage measured 0 uV p-p. So something must be wrong somewhere with the negative side.
I will try with another cap to start with.
Can a cap get damaged without being visually destroyed. I did manage to put two of them the wrong direction, one blew up (c42) almost instantly. The other I had at the c60 position, and it seemed to survive. So I removed the bad one(c42) and put the one that survived at c42. And choose a 220uF at c60 (just guessed that the value of c60 would be less critical). So maybe I should chenge both of them for new ones?

Yes you are right about checking the measuring setup. Flipping the probe connectors, gnd to negative and probe "nail" to gnd shows the same as when measureing the positive rail = 0uV. So there is definitly some problem with the oscilloscope. So I guess all is fine :) sorry for bothering u with noob problems.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.