• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Folsom LOFI PCB's (Transformer board) & DC PCB's (PSU boards)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
*******NEW PRICES********

Link To Parts and Build

Hey Everyone!

I want to get a GB started for these. The reason I've come up with them is because there is an utter lack out there for PCB boards that are great for small devices & signal operation. You can buy very large PSU items. You can buy regulators, but there is very little out there for a simple high quality rectifier board w/ good parts, and there are not any PCB boards for the fantastic Hammond 229 (especially with high compatibility for voltages). So now I've got some designs that are good enough that I want to use them, so I suspect others will too.

The LOFI: Low output, filtered input. It's kind of a "wad" of iron with two iron devices mounted to it.

-Hammond 229 (48va only) transformer for small chipamps/classD/headphone/signal devices. Chosen because it has great leakage that makes it act as an RF filter. It has been popularly seen with Peter Daniel's DAC's and other high end devices. It has enough juice for a lot of projects, even multiple signal devices.

-PCB board is good for 115/230v with series or parallel secondaries.

-Voltages series 10-56VAC

-Voltages parallel 5-28VAC

-Multiple X caps in CFC config on the input from AC

-CMC/DMC from Coilcraft, P3717-AL (w/ resistor bypasses that work to dampen line problems that can and do occur)

-RC for primary/post CMC tuning

-Uses full copper pours throughout

LOFI.png

DCS1 and DCS2: (Direct Current, Small, 1/2 pole) Simple copper pour based PSU boards.

DCS1 is a single pole.

-TO-220 compatible for diodes (such as MUR860) but has marking's for other diodes.

-20mm snap caps, designed to be compatible with the ever fabulous Nichicon KG (these are superior to FC and FM by a lot).

-pre-diode filter cap vias

-pre-diode RC w/trimmer mounting capability for tuning RC

-discharge resistor placement

-CFC cap configuration

-copper pours throughout

DCS1.png

DCS2 is dual pole.

-TO-220 compatible for diodes (such as MUR860) but has marking's for other diodes.

-20mm snap caps, designed to be compatible with the ever fabulous Nichicon KG (these are superior to FC and FM by a lot).

-pre-diode filter cap vias

-pre-diode RC w/trimmer mounting capability for tuning RC

-discharge resistor placement

-CFC cap configuration

-copper pours throughout

DCS2.png

What I need to make the GB happen. First off I'm going to do a small test print to confirm fit is good enough with the 229, as I don't want to order a bunch of these just to find out they're incompatible. So it'll take a couple extra weeks. My experience is some of these things can surprise you a bit. Here's the price list and quantity needed for printing. *******Due to interest in price I've decided to go with a different PCB printer whom has a good reputation and deliver a decent aesthetic finish, but not as nice as the 7297 & Antipole*******

LOFI: $10ea, orders met
DCS1: $5ea, orders met
DCS2: $5ea, orders met

Shipping depends on country, general for USA small envelope $3. If you order a bundle I will just go to a USPS priority box at $8. Inquire for international (Europe is mostly $15 in a small padded envelope. I don't know why but I can't seem to get a decent deal at my USPS, and sending in a paper envelope is an excellent way to never get them)

mlundy57 2,2,2
BRN 2,1,1
PI 4,4,4
gwrskien 2,0,0
miaminikko 1,1,1

Example Pics:

unnamed33.jpg

unnamed222.jpg

Proximity possible with DCS boards:

shortstack3.jpg

Last edited:
You just say how many you want. I build a list. When there's enough people I send out PM's to collect email and payments. Boards print, I send them out in mail. (I provide documentation with my PCB's, part of my whole gig to make DIY approachable and fun)

Think of it like a Kickstarter but where I don't have to meet a min amount of give them a percentage.

If a lot of people have orders, like 200+, then the price can go down some. PCB board prices get better the more you order.

You just say how many you want. I build a list. When there's enough people I send out PM's to collect email and payments. Boards print, I send them out in mail. (I provide documentation with my PCB's, part of my whole gig to make DIY approachable and fun)

Think of it like a Kickstarter but where I don't have to meet a min amount of give them a percentage.

If a lot of people have orders, like 200+, then the price can go down some. PCB board prices get better the more you order.

OK put me down for 2 of each

Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.