• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My first GB

To clarify, the next boards will be SUDSEPP - DIY-NR007.

Perhaps, a B1-BUFFER (waiting for Jan new SilentSwitcher version).

In the queue: 1626, EL34, 2A3, 211, 833 and others.

I´ll ask Pete Millett for 30W HV flyback converter, LR preamplifier and 6P1 HPA.

I´ll ask @xrk971 for BF862-HPA DIY-NR006 GB permission.

It´s clear for me, no Zen Mod or EUVL development from my side!

JP

Tested M2, ACA. Rohde & Schwarz IEC test still pending (as for PASS HPA). Will finish current designs (also universal inrush and main power switch transformer interconnection board for PASS clone amplifiers) before publishing results, hopefully end of next week with listening impressions.

F6 and F6 PSU not tested yet, waiting for parts and CineMag ones not ordered!

I don´t know if they´re SO GOOOOD (nothing else to compare) but in my opinion they´re really sexy!

JP

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
This opens up a huge can of worms.

I suspect you have to prove you designed it and also have some sort of patent on the design.

Sure, there is a fairly large thread on it, you can look at it if you want. Aksa helped me with the design and I have his permission to sell it. The layout was done by another DIYA member who gave me permission to do the GB. There is no patent or anything - it's on DIYA, a public forum. Certainly, I cannot stop anyone from copying the design or modifying it and selling it themselves. But within the purview of the DIYA forum, it seems a common courtesy that if one person is doing a GB, another member should not take that design and do their own GB without the first person's concurrence.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
WIMA MKP10 cap in 100V version ?

For the M2, we need a WIMA MKP10 10µF cap in 100 V DC version, 20 mm wide.
This is the one that goes at the C113 position (coupling cap, C2 in original NP schematic).
Anybody know where I can get it in this voltage ?
Reichelt here in Germany has only the 250 V DC version, that one is 24 mm wide instead of the needed 20 mm.
Have looked at Mouser, Farnell, RS, Conrad, Voelkner, no luck ... :(

Best regards,
Claas

Joined 2016
Paid Member
No luck at RS UK or German site, unfortunately. Though, I have to say, their web interface doesn't work very well for me ... the only WIMA PP caps it shows me are FKP2 :confused:

I really like the WIMA MKP10, have used them as coupling capacitors in all my amps (or in rebuilds) whenever possible.

Though the EPCOS PP suggested by JP might be an alternative as well:
or Mouser 871-B32676E4106K.

JP

Best regards, Claas