• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NDK NZ2520SDA oscillators group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
About this GB:

As an early implementer of NDK products on WaveIO DDCs, I like to share the
opportunity and offer a couple of latest NDK oscillators to date: the famous NZ2520SDA.

I used NZ2520SD parts (without “A” letter on the end) starting with 2012 on all my WaveIO
and, later, BluWave boards so are proven by many DIYers that the price / performance ratio
of them is well in favor for many music lovers and audiophiles.

I have to admit that placing an order for these new parts was not an easy task.

Edit @ 10 January 2018: Now, the 2x.xxx MHz and 4x.xxx Mhz are available as follows:
NZ2520SDA-22.579200M-NSC5083D,
NZ2520SDA-24.576000M-NSC5083D,

NZ2520SDA-45.158400M-NSC5083D and
NZ2520SDA-49.152000M-NSC5083D.

Taking into account the (rather high) number of “hands” I used
(and still using) to get them - and their related charges - I ask 14 USD for each oscillator.

What you have to know before making your decision:

1. Datasheet for NZ2520SDA product is here. Please check if can fit in your application!
I’ll not be held responsible for your decision! For your information, the parts ordered are
running at 3.3Vdc supply voltage and have 50ppm maximum frequency tolerance
(the best offered so far by NDK for this new family). The “-NSC5083D” termination proves my statements!

2. I know there are plenty of boards / products out there that are using “old” NDK parts
or different oscillator types that can be upgraded so there’s no restriction on this matter:
it’s up to you when and where you’ll use your NDKs!

3. Package size for this part is: 2.5 L × 2.0 W × 0.9 H (dimensions are in millimeters).
If you cannot solder them search for a friend and ask for his help / steady hands :D

Payment and Shipping:

1. The oscillators will be send in a small envelope carrying a tracking number. To keep things
simple I’ll charge for a flat shipping rate of 4.2 USD / parcel. Goods will be well packed so don’t worry about it!

2. If needed, I can combine shipping… just contact me for details.

3. Parts are shipped from Romania (EU) so there will be no customs involved for those living inside EU territory.

4. Payment will be done only using Paypal. A Paypal flat rate of 3.9% will be added to your order.

5. You’ll get an invoice for your purchase which will be sent over emails or PMs. To avoid customs
charges and troubles, I will NOT send the invoice with your goods!

6. Because of (5) listed above, a 19% VAT charge will be applied for each order you’ll make. I’m sorry but
I have no other choices on this matter since I really want to stay away from the bureaucracy I’m facing
every day in this country!

7. Once I’ll get informed when the items are dispatched you’ll be PMed with parts ordered,
related quantity and total price thus you’ll have to make the PP payment within three days.

8. Get in touch with me when you’ll get the parcel!

You can send me your requests using the contact form located here or just put your quantity on this GB thread in the following form:
DIYaudio nick name – X pairs.
I can also send only one frequency, just let me know which is it.

So I’ll start this GB with my reserved parts:
Lorien – 10 pairs

That’s all for now! If needed, I’ll update this post accordingly!

Kind regards,
L

Edit @ 10 January 2018: prices for NDKs and shipping service are updated. Also new 4x.xxx MHz parts are available now!

Last edited:
I already asked NDK for phase noise plots but I barely get an answer from their side regarding my order... :(
Still, I'll ask them again as I'm sure they have measured their SDA oscillators and are aware about some results...
I'll report back as soon as I'll have some news from their side!

Kind regards,
L

Hi Lorien,

These oscillators seem interesting !
It is certain that some technical informations missing.
So for 2 oscillators my calculations are they good ?:
24,00 € 2 oscillators (12€ each)
6,00 € shipping
5,70 € TVA 19%
1,39 € paypal 3,9%
TOTAL=37,09 €

nounouchet

Hello! Yes, the math is sound! As I said, they are a bit pricey for this quantity. Anyway, in the future I'll struggle to cross the 1k boundary, when things will get cheaper, but for now I'm focused on getting the actual parts in the quantity we already agreed on! So far it was hard enough thus I'm not going to push my luck even further :eek:

NZ2520SDA Group buy:
Lorien - 10 pairs
modmix - 2 pairs
nounouchet - 1 pair
stonedowner - 1 pair
Richard S. - 1 pair (unconfirmed)
carsten.witt - 1 x WaveIO and 1 x BluWave
Emi90 - 1 pair
chris719 - 2 pair
Fujak - 1 pair
Extreme_Boky - 2 pairs
m.massimo 1 pair
Hires - 1 pair

NZ2520SDA Group buy:
Lorien - 10 pairs
modmix - 2 pairs
nounouchet - 1 pair
stonedowner - 1 pair
Richard S. - 1 pair (unconfirmed)
carsten.witt - 1 x WaveIO and 1 x BluWave
Emi90 - 1 pair
chris719 - 2 pair
Fujak - 1 pair
Extreme_Boky - 2 pairs
m.massimo 1 pair
Hires - 1 pair
Tods - 2 pairs

Hello guys, as I expected, today I was announced that I'll receive the NDK SDA parts at the beginning of October and I'll be charged for their value somewhere in September.
Anyway, I'll keep pushing the lead time hoping for a more reasonable delivery date but there are no promises so far! I'll keep you in touch as soon as I'll have more news about them!

Kind regards,
L

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.