• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NDK NZ2520SDA oscillators group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was asked through PMs if this GB is closed. For anyone still interested in latest NDK's parts NO, it is not closed! This GB is open as I still have plenty of oscillators here at disposal!
Kind regards,
L

P.S. perhaps is anyone who's doubting of my oscillators. I thought to offer some pictures to make some differences between the two families but the size of those parts doesn't help me at all!
Either way, tomorrow I'll try to post some close pictures of the new SDA oscillators against the old ones. I'm really curious about the markings!

Hi Lorien,

just to let you know, today i had the small envelope with your
NDK clocks in my letterbox :D

and wow, you just realize how small these critters are, when you
have them on your thumb, i definitely need to get me magnifying
glasses to solder them...:eek:

but anyhow, thanks a lot for making this group buy.!.!

cheerio,
Balou

I was asked through PMs if this GB is closed. For anyone still interested in latest NDK's parts NO, it is not closed! This GB is open as I still have plenty of oscillators here at disposal!
Kind regards,
L

P.S. perhaps is anyone who's doubting of my oscillators. I thought to offer some pictures to make some differences between the two families but the size of those parts doesn't help me at all!
Either way, tomorrow I'll try to post some close pictures of the new SDA oscillators against the old ones. I'm really curious about the markings!

I used my camera and a macro lens to figure out the part numbers on your WaveI/O - it works really good...

Cheers,
Nick

Let's keep this GB together as I like to see all the parcels delivered:

NZ2520SDA Group buy:
1. Lorien - 10 pairs (Here with me)
2. modmix - 2 pairs (Processing)
3. nounouchet - 1 pair (Shipped)
4. stonedowner - 1 pair (Shipped)
5. Richard S. - 1 pair (Cancelled)
6. carsten.witt - 2 pairs (Shipped)
7. Emi90 - 1 pair (Delivered - thank you)
8. chris719 - 2 pairs (Shipped)
9. Fujak - 1 pair (Shipped)
10. Extreme_Boky - 2 pairs (Processing)
11. m.massimo - 1 pair (Processing)
12. Hires - 2 pairs (Shipped)
13. Tods - 2 pairs (Shipped)
14. audiopassion - 5 pairs (Waiting for payment)
15. inMotion - 1 pair (Processing)
16. chansiukwing - 2 pairs (Shipped)
17. Patrick B. - 1 pair (Shipped)
18. kvl - 2pairs (Shipped)
19. mm2 - 1 pair (Processing)
20. JohnnyInBris - 2 x 22.5792 MHz (Shipped)
21. crowlie - 6 x 22.5792 MHz and 3 x 24.5760 MHz (Shipped)
22. jptz - 2 pairs (Shipped)
23. Dave B. - 3 pairs (Shipped 1/2)
24. koala887- 2 pairs (Shipped)
25. M_Balou - 1 pair (Delivered - thank you)
26. merlin el mago - 3 pairs (Delivered - thank you)
27. miksi - 1 pair (Shipped)
28. randytsuch - 1 pair (Shipped)
29. nielsek - 1 pair (Shipped)
30. xaled - 1 pair (Shipped)
31. Ben Mah - 1 pair (Shipped)
32. bwaslo - 2 x 24.5760 MHz (Shipped)
33. Joseph K - 5 pairs (Shipped)
34. pistollero - 2 pairs (Shipped)
35. EasternBlock - 2 pairs (Waiting for payment)
36. TNT - 2 pairs (Shipped)
37. Micael C. - 1 pair (Processing)
38. taggart2 - 1 pair (Shipped)
39. Jose H. - 1 pair (Waiting for payment)
40. boborah - 1 pair (Shipped)
41. mmerrill99 - 3 pairs (Shipped)
42. 10lare - 1 pair (Shipped)

As for the "SD" versus "SDA" markings, there's nothing clear to me! Due to little space available, you will not see the "NZ2520SD(A)" markings on these parts, never!
I pictured a couple of my oscillators mounted on two of my BluWave PCBs trying to figure out the difference between them! Well, what I can say for sure is the fact that, regardless of the oscillator's family, the first line will always be "D" followed by the frequency of the oscillator.
The second/below one is a mess of numbers and symbols which have no clear meaning to me.
Attached is a picture where you can see SD vs SDA markings. There's a line under some numbers which I guess that are used for family notation.
Anyway, I decided to contact NDK and ask them for this info ... let's hope they will answer ... yet I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to this but I'm hoping!
If there are any news, I'll post them here,
L

Attachments

• NDK_SD(A).jpg
    NDK_SD(A).jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 300
@ pistollero: when you have some doubts read their datasheet. Don't expect to find everything there but the basic informations should be present, including pin out diagram.
EDIT: has anyone managed to successfully solder his SDAs ?
I tried for 48kh but did not suceed.. too small parts....i had to make extensions because the prior clock was bigger. I soldered extensions on the clock ok but when i tried to solder on pcb the extensions disolder from the clock.... finally i solder but did not work...
I have to manage something diferent for 44kh..

I'm sure you already know by now but watch out for ESD, EMI and spikes... if you're using a soldering gun. I do suggest soldering iron instead - possibly with an Earth connection active?, check the temperatures before soldering! Make sure to those tiny pads to not fall off when soldering!
It didn't happened to me as I'm soldering them using hot air gun on a dedicated footprint but you never know...
Also, take into account that any thick wire soldered to the oscillator's pads might damage them due to high mechanical stress! Please use a thin wires, maybe 2-3 thin wires in parallel which are easy to be bent. Do not load them with tin/lead unless at soldering points!
As for desoldering your wires from the oscillator's pads, I guess is related to too much heat from your solder station exposed to that wire for too much time.
Depending on the thickness of the wire I have to solder, I'm using high temperatures to create joints (340 - 400 degree Celsius) but for a 1-2 seconds, no more!
Let's hope 44.1 k are doing better!
Ah, check your voltage cross the oscillator! No more than 3.3V AND make sure is not in disabled state when your board is running!

In the end I want to thank you all for confirming the delivery of your small envelopes! It helps me a lot to put things in order and track them properly!
L

I'm sure you already know by now but watch out for ESD, EMI and spikes... if you're using a soldering gun. I do suggest soldering iron instead - possibly with an Earth connection active?, check the temperatures before soldering! Make sure to those tiny pads to not fall off when soldering!
It didn't happened to me as I'm soldering them using hot air gun on a dedicated footprint but you never know...
Also, take into account that any thick wire soldered to the oscillator's pads might damage them due to high mechanical stress! Please use a thin wires, maybe 2-3 thin wires in parallel which are easy to be bent. Do not load them with tin/lead unless at soldering points!
As for desoldering your wires from the oscillator's pads, I guess is related to too much heat from your solder station exposed to that wire for too much time.
Depending on the thickness of the wire I have to solder, I'm using high temperatures to create joints (340 - 400 degree Celsius) but for a 1-2 seconds, no more!
Let's hope 44.1 k are doing better!
Ah, check your voltage cross the oscillator! No more than 3.3V AND make sure is not in disabled state when your board is running!

In the end I want to thank you all for confirming the delivery of your small envelopes! It helps me a lot to put things in order and track them properly!
L
Thks for your precious help...
How do i know about disabled state..?
I tried on hifiberry digi pro. Replace one oscillator by another... they come with fox xpresso (much bigger).

@ pistollero:
How do i know about disabled state..?
I tried on hifiberry digi pro. Replace one oscillator by another... they come with fox xpresso (much bigger).
If I would be in your place, I would play a track from 44.1 KHz family and see with a multimenter the voltage value at Stand-By pin. The datasheet says that if there's a voltage high present on the Stand-by pin OR is left floating then your oscillator should run. A low level voltage (0V or near it) should disable it!
See if it works!

As for the adapter, I'm not clear about the connections on the bottom side of that PCB but traces can be easily (?) cut. After all, what you really need is a PCB which acts as a physical support for your parts.

:) Thank you Carsten!
obviously those joints can be made a bit better but let's not cross over the "sanity line" here :eek:
Just all of you to know, Carsten asked me to replace all the NDKs on his two boards (one WaveIO and one BluWave) with the SDA alternatives. As I posted earlier, the single difference I spotted so far between SD and SDA parts is the number starting with "73x", in this case: "732". On older SD oscillators, that number is starting with "43x" or something. I have No idea is that number is particular for the SDA family or not. It might be a lot number, a coding or a date embedded in it... I don't know!
On the other hand I didn't get any news from NDK regarding my question on how they are marking the SDA parts but I hope the new 4x.xxx alternatives will confirm (or infirm my presumptions).

Speaking of 4x.xxx MHz SDA parts, I was announced that the new oscillators will come here one week earlier than expected (like it happened for actual oscillators) so I guess it's time to start the GB for this two new frequencies:
45.1584 MHz and 49.152 MHz.

So, anyone wishing to have such oscillators, just put down your nick name and the quantity requested. All the conditions will apply like in case of the previous GB so please check the first page of this thread for details!
I expect the dispatch date will start with 11-December-2017.

NZ2520SDA Group buy (for 45.1584 MHz and 49.152 MHz):
1. Lorien - 10 pairs

Kind regards,
L

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.