• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4 GB!

Hi Shaan, after replacing the defective power MOS my amp is singing again. Because it seemed a bit clinical sounding compared to my other amplifiers I followed your advice and installed a power resistor 0.1R in series with my 4ohm speakers. The result was much stronger than expected, trebles tamed a lot (maybe a bit too much) bass became a bit stronger and mids (voices) came up with more presence.
Now I use a 0.033R manganese Isabellenhuette 30W resistor and I believe I reached the desired balance. Enough details in treble register with the nice voice presence. It is unbelievable the impact of a such small resistor value in the overall sound.

Thanks again for your help!

Hi Shaan, after replacing the defective power MOS my amp is singing again. Because it seemed a bit clinical sounding compared to my other amplifiers I followed your advice and installed a power resistor 0.1R in series with my 4ohm speakers. The result was much stronger than expected, trebles tamed a lot (maybe a bit too much) bass became a bit stronger and mids (voices) came up with more presence.
Now I use a 0.033R manganese Isabellenhuette 30W resistor and I believe I reached the desired balance. Enough details in treble register with the nice voice presence. It is unbelievable the impact of a such small resistor value in the overall sound.

Thanks again for your help!
@shaan what is this mod ? didnt know about it . Can it be done to my amp also and also would request you to please explain the logic behind it.