• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Jens , I guess the shipment is on hold awaiting rework right ? keep us posted :)

That is correct.
I expect to get the PCB's for the modification tomorrow (Thursday). The plan is to do the SMT mounting as soon as the PCB's arrive here and hopefully we can have a small number of units modified and tested tomorrow as well. If all goes well, we should be able to resume shipment on Friday to those who have already paid.

Once we have some units ready, we will also take a picture of the modification. I expect that we will send a picture and a description of the modification to those who have already received their RTX6001. From that, it should be possible for each individual to estimate whether that is something that can be handled as diy or whether the unit needs to go back to RTX.

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi,

Victors 1kHz oscillator into RTX6001 (-10dB).

:up:

Attachments

• Victors_RTX6001.PNG
    Victors_RTX6001.PNG
    30.2 KB · Views: 600
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Modifications are ongoing at the moment. Shipment will resume by Monday next week.

For those who have already received their RTX6001, I have made a description of the modifications needed to improve the distortion at high input levels.

Please take a look at it and report back if this is something you feel that you are able to do yourself. If so, we will send two mounted PCB's for each Analyzer.
I assume most people on this forum will be able to do the modification, avoiding shipping the unit back and forth. Using a solder iron with a fine tip will be an advantage.

Attachments

• RTX6001 V1 Overvoltage Protection Control modification_171208.pdf
    567.2 KB · Views: 411
Modifications are ongoing at the moment. Shipment will resume by Monday next week.

For those who have already received their RTX6001, I have made a description of the modifications needed to improve the distortion at high input levels.

Please take a look at it and report back if this is something you feel that you are able to do yourself. If so, we will send two mounted PCB's for each Analyzer.
I assume most people on this forum will be able to do the modification, avoiding shipping the unit back and forth. Using a solder iron with a fine tip will be an advantage.

JensH, it seems very easy and simple the modification.
I dοn't think, it can make it difficult for DIY members.

Please take a look at it and report back if this is something you feel that you are able to do yourself.

Hello Jens, i do think as well that most of the participants here should be very capable to do so. My only question would be if warranty would be affected by this mod performed by users.

Regards, Clemens

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Cwtim01, it is better to modifiy the one channel and compare it to other unmodified channel.

Actually it would be better to do a sweep of each channel before and after modification, that way you can do it all at one time, and you are not comparing channel A to channel B, but can directly observe the improvement on each channel. It should be clear that the test must be performed with the same software and settings both times.

It's also perfectly valid to just check it after completing the modifications to verify that the modification was performed correctly.

For those of us in North America I would probably recommend Kynar or teflon 30awg wire wrap wire for the modification, unless the retrofit already includes the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.