• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DAC ES9038 PRO GR 2

very interesting project, is it possible to have a direct I2S-LVDS input with HDMI connector (PS audio standard) in the rear panel and possible to select this, besides all other inputs?
I dont understand why you choose Amanero USB card when there are latest products as Xmos Xcore200 chipset based cards and dsd 1024 support in native mode?
Thank you so much and soyy for my bad english.
Marcello masi - Italy

Hi

regarding: LVDS: you can replace Amanero by making an interface board using eg LTC1518 receivers.
The Amanero is a very good sounding USB - I2S interface board and the Amanero boards has been tested against other USB-I2S interfaces.
Please see: ES9018 USB DAC - Hi-Resolution System*

As the I2S interface is standard, an other USB or LVDS interface can be used instead of the Amanero.. i guess this is up to the user to decide.

Br
Caad

regarding: LVDS: you can replace Amanero by making ....

As the I2S interface is standard, an other USB or LVDS interface can be used instead of the Amanero.. i guess this is up to the user to decide.

I first use the Amanero USB interface with an Intona USB isolator between the PC and this ES9038 DAC.

The sound is very good but I still want to further improve the DAC performance. I then got a SINGXER F-1 which use the XMOS Xcore200 XU208 chipset.

This SINGXER F1 provides galvanic isolation and also regenerate the USB signal after the galvanic isotation. It also uses 2 Crystex CCHD crystals.

This Singxer also use the same pin layout as the Amanero. But unfortunately, Quanghao's board has other input connector (the optical input) right next to the USB input which prevent the board to be insert into the USB slot directly. So I connect the I2s input from the Singxer F1 to this ES9038 DAC through extra wires. It is quite troublesome.

The Singxer F1 seems to outperform the Amanero in every aspect.

It is a very good suggestions that Quanghao in the future can provide I2S-LVDS input with HDMI connector (PS audio standard). So when these new USB cards with new capability become available, it will be easier to adapt these USB card to Quanghao's dac.

this IV for layout now!

Balanced ouput with Tranfomer LL1684
Unbalanced converter with Tube

thanks
Andrea,

do you have PCB for this output stage? Also, is it possible to post drawing of layout if only using balanced output? how is this different or better than the "Super V/I Converter" you had for earlier projects, and that you have PCB for?

Thanks,
Doug

very interesting project, is it possible to have a direct I2S-LVDS input with HDMI connector (PS audio standard) in the rear panel and possible to select this, besides all other inputs?
I dont understand why you choose Amanero USB card when there are latest products as Xmos Xcore200 chipset based cards and dsd 1024 support in native mode?
Thank you so much and soyy for my bad english.
Marcello masi - Italy

1: CAAD: Option, 1,2,4 and 5.
2: CAAD: Option: 1,2,3,4,5 and complete Tube output
3. gcolombo: Option: 1,2 and 3.
4. akltam Option 1,2,5
5. gcolombo: Option, 1,2,
6. Researcher: options 1,2,4,5 (i dont need usb)
7. hbit: Option 1, 2 and one pair LL1684 PCB ( L and R) (25$)
8.Tuanvq: 1,2,3
9. ivigueras: option 1,2
10. jpduarte: Option 5
11. Virtuez: Option 1,2
12. Dariedel2: Option 1 and one pair of the new super I/V PCBs (I only need for balanced output). I do NOT need option 2 because I use JRiver only for volume and I don't switch any sources.

15. End

I first use the Amanero USB interface with an Intona USB isolator between the PC and this ES9038 DAC.

The sound is very good but I still want to further improve the DAC performance. I then got a SINGXER F-1 which use the XMOS Xcore200 XU208 chipset.

It is a very good suggestions that Quanghao in the future can provide I2S-LVDS input with HDMI connector (PS audio standard). So when these new USB cards with new capability become available, it will be easier to adapt these USB card to Quanghao's dac.

Hi Akitam

Thank you for this info.
Br
Morten

I believe SINGSER C-1 is a best choice for this project

Not only the C-1 is pin compatible with Amanero, the C-1 is also physically compatible with the Amanero card.

Will love to hear how these 2 compare head to head.

But I still prefer the bigger brother of C-1 which is the F-1. It use the same XMOS chip, it also provide full galvanic isolation and signal regeneration. So the physical size of the F-1 is bigger than C-1 which cannot be fitted to Quanghao DAC.

If Quanghao's DAC can accept I2s-LVDS HDMI connector (using the PS audio standard), I would have gone for the SingXer SU-1 which is a standalone box with its own power and full galvanic isolation. So no worries about noise from the dirty grounds from the PC. So also no worries about the quality of the electricity you get from the computer. It also regenerates its own USB signal after the galvanic isolation.

Last edited:
I would have gone for the SingXer SU-1 which is a standalone box with its own power and full galvanic isolation. So no worries about noise from the dirty grounds from the PC. So also no worries about the quality of the electricity you get from the computer. It also regenerates its own USB signal after the galvanic isolation.
Es9038 PRO DAC - Design by Andrea Ciuffoli-Quang Hao already have a "Full ground isolation from USB module". Do you really need one more ground isolation? Will not this lead to an increase of jitter?

dac ess pro gr 2

I think the best and confortable choice is to have I2s connector and USB connector in the rear of cabinet (like Matrix Sabre Pro or Gustard X20Pro or LKS audio dacs), if some USB card model is bigger than the standard Amanero card it is possible to connect it with Flying wires and put it in another position inside the cabinet doing another hole on the rear panel.
For me it's very important to have I2S connector (PS Audio standard)Always available and selectable on the rear.

If the designer Quanghao can explain to me (or to us) with a technical scheme how it can be possible I could order this kit.

already have a "Full ground isolation from USB module".

I am not sure if Quanghao's dac provide the same GALVANIC isolation as the Singxer SU-1 or Singxer F1 or the Intona provide.

In the Singxer SU-1, F1 or the Intona, I can see there are physically separated ground planes on the circuit board.

I do not find such physical separation of ground planes from Quanghao's board, Singxer C-1 or the Amanero card.

I am not sure if Quanghao's dac provide the same GALVANIC isolation as the Singxer SU-1 or Singxer F1 or the Intona provide.

In the Singxer SU-1, F1 or the Intona, I can see there are physically separated ground planes on the circuit board.

I do not find such physical separation of ground planes from Quanghao's board, Singxer C-1 or the Amanero card.
The DIYINHK consider that nonisolated xmos pcb is better when used with ES9038PRO if asynchronous MCK is used. Besides to get best results with galvanic isolation, need a backward synchronization to eliminate jitter.

While I told you based on what I have tried, show us what you have done with your USB setup. Photos will help. It is not convincing simply telling others what is better.
By now i have ukraine DAC on PCM63P with modified Amanero in slave mode whitch gets clock from DAC board. The descriptions of both devices is in attach

Attachments

• ???????? Bolero V2.pdf
    516 KB · Views: 279
  • DAC6V2i_r2_datasheet_small.pdf
    665 KB · Views: 248