Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

xrk971 Pocket Class A Headamp GB
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th July 2017, 11:47 PM   #931
BYRTT is offline BYRTT  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocents View Post
.....Can this be done on an Andriod device? I stream mostly from my cell phone using a USB Sabre ES9023 DAC.
Would suppose it can be done and there is freeware out there to do it, myself is on Window so is not good at Linux stuff but over time surfing www stumbled over tons of Linux software that is supposed to do advanced EQ.

You could try out JRiver on Windows first to find out if you agree OB-1 will shine when corrected, say this because JRiver will work full featured for 30 days before it need license which by the way is allowed to run on two computers, also know your USB Sabre ES9023 DAC works setup to WASAPI in JRiver because have had such interface from HIFImeDIY setup to run for a long time in past. Then if you find EQ corrected OB-1 worth it invest the time and study it needs to setup EQ on Android device or go JRiver way.

Alternative its also possible setup a computer with JRiver just to do the EQ job in it can listen on input too, but it will cost one exstra set of DAC/ADC conversion going from ES9023 output to input in EQ computer.
Old 12th July 2017, 02:07 AM   #932
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

So Byrtt, if my Focusrite has ADC, I can use that to feed the DAC and have my conversion done in real time? That's cool. I have been swamped with other work no time to try this out yet. Looking forward to try out soon though.
Old 12th July 2017, 03:07 AM   #933
diyAudio Member

Yes its possible although using same device for I/O can sometimes give bit extra work with settings to get it working where using two different devices is said be easier to set up. When you say real time i say that is possible but then remember only set IIR filters or FIR filters that don't touch phase domain inside JRiver because if one set FIR filters that also correct phase domain there will be a delay at output relative to input which is not a problem listening audio only but if used for movies its a problem for lips sync.

Have dedicated JRiver computer myself for speaker correction that listen at soundcards input and output to multiple outputs controlling active multi way speaker, because its listening at input and not used as player also is because to control VHF area for tweeters roll off one have to lock soundcard sample rate to be high say 96kHz or 192kHz else a PEQ say at 36kHz wont work, and if one play 44,1kHz tracks inside a locked 192kHz soundcard it sounds not right because the right 44,1kHz DAC reconstruction filter is missing then, and therefor it is listening on input and another computer is used as player and set up to play tracks native sample rate, it cost that extra DAC/ADC chain but think is worth it to control tweeter roll off.

By the way think of some temporary PSU for PCA in have some used 12000uF capacitors laying around, if cascaded say (4x) RCRCRCRC and then a LM317 regulator, what voltage should it be setup to 16V ? / 18V ?
Old 12th July 2017, 03:58 AM   #934
yourownbuzz is offline yourownbuzz  Australia
diyAudio Member

what was the go for using LiIon batteries for the amp? My li-ion batteries just arrived, but I think I remember having to click it on and off till the LED stays strongly lit. No matter how long I click it on and off it won't stay strongly lit? (it will increase though). What did I miss?
Old 12th July 2017, 06:10 AM   #935
RNMarsh is offline RNMarsh  United States
Sin Bin

What would be really great is to have dsp and amp located inside the headphone somewhere. All-in-One.

THx-Richard Marsh
Old 12th July 2017, 07:53 AM   #936
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

https://www.innerfidelity.com/conten...ightning-cable

DSP in the cable.
Old 12th July 2017, 07:58 AM   #937
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRTT View Post
By the way think of some temporary PSU for PCA in have some used 12000uF capacitors laying around, if cascaded say (4x) RCRCRCRC and then a LM317 regulator, what voltage should it be setup to 16V ? / 18V ?
That should be fine and use maybe 4.7R for the R filter. 18v is the highest I would go but there may be some heat produced. Try 16.5v first and if you can live with it, better for longevity. But 18v will sound better as it makes higher bias which is good for lower impedance headphones.
Old 12th July 2017, 12:07 PM   #938
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrk971 View Post
That should be fine and use maybe 4.7R for the R filter. 18v is the highest I would go but there may be some heat produced. Try 16.5v first and if you can live with it, better for longevity. But 18v will sound better as it makes higher bias which is good for lower impedance headphones.
Thanks think will try it next weekend then and ha ha if 18V will sound better would probably be tempted because headphones is in lower regions being 32/54/64 ohms, tell if heat and longevity is a problem then i add some heatsink, in its temporary rough solution its no problem looks wouldn't be nice and rather like to go for SQ : )

Is it alright connect regulated PSU as below if at same 2x loose flying plugs for 9V elements is temporary isolated, ask because being lazy then can hack it without dismantle anything in PCA.
xrk971 Pocket Class A Headamp GB-2000-png
Attached Images
File Type: png 2000.png (126.4 KB, 169 views)
Old 12th July 2017, 01:04 PM   #939
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Those are indeed the +ve and -ve power input.
Old 12th July 2017, 04:33 PM   #940
diyAudio Member

Traced also average response of dirty cheap Behringer HPS-5000 and created correction to hit Harman curve and must say in corrected stage OB-1 verse HPS-5000 now start sound very much exactly the same, for long listening sessions HPS-5000 wins because they don't clamp so hard against head and also weight much less but in they cheap don't have any nice look or feel of nice build quality.

HPS-5000 correction below, black is Harman target response curve, green is traced average of HPS-5000 raw curves measured over innerfidelity website, blue is correction curve which takes 35x EQ filters or one convolution 32bit wav-file, and purple is green times blue showing fair close coherence to black target.
xrk971 Pocket Class A Headamp GB-2000-png

OB-1 correction below, black is Harman target response curve, brown is traced average of OB-1 raw curves measured over innerfidelity website, orange is correction curve which takes 25x EQ filters or one convolution 32bit wav-file, and green is brown times orange showing fair close coherence to black target.
xrk971 Pocket Class A Headamp GB-2001-png

Can share numbers for these HPS-5000 filters too so if any is interested give a note.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2000.png (20.5 KB, 199 views)
File Type: png 2001.png (17.9 KB, 195 views)

xrk971 Pocket Class A Headamp GBHide this!Advertise here!