• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

xrk971 Pocket Class A Headamp GB

I built a setup based on X's advice on veroboard using euroblock connectors that allows me to use different load resistors (10K should work for BA-3) and also includes a 10:1 voltage divider for protecting the interface. With 10K load on the BA-3 you probably don't need the voltage divider so you could just connect the 10K load with a jack in parallel to go into the focusrite (for 1 channel at a time).

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
So this one then?
665525d1519928744-xrk971-pocket-class-headamp-gb-dca-v5-png

Looking good.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Looks very nice, JP and BDHM. Thank you both. I was thinking if we should have a local smoothing cap near the Drain to each MOSFET to help de-couple rail perturbations from one channel to the other? Or make a very low impedance two--layer via plane for the main power node from the last CRCRC cap to each MOSFET Drain.

I recall from testing the PCA that when I ran it with little 47uF rail caps, the stereo separation was like -30dB, and with 2200uF caps it was -72dB, a substantial improvement. We still have room for a 4700uF 25v cap at each MOSFET don't we?

The last time I recall someone named "Baby" was in this popular movie from 1987 featuring Jennifer Grey:
latest

Last edited: