• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DAC ES9038 PRO Group Buys

Dear Quanghao,

I was checking the voltage supply for each regulator. I found that the voltage labelled '3.3V_CL' only got 2.1V. I think this is the voltage to supply to the clock crystal.

What should be the correct voltage supply to the clock ? Is there something wrong ? I thought it should be 3.3V.

Alan

Dear Quanghao,

I was checking the voltage supply for each regulator. I found that the voltage labelled '3.3V_CL' only got 2.1V. I think this is the voltage to supply to the clock crystal.

What should be the correct voltage supply to the clock ? Is there something wrong ? I thought it should be 3.3V.

Alan

Here is the voltage for the Clock: 100MHZ. 3.3V

Find out carefully, check out C42. Maybe it caused the error! Or pins of LT3042 (IC5).
Touch or touch! Find it.

If you have capacitor 1206 = 10uF (C42), replace it!
thank you very much!

Here is the voltage for the Clock: 100MHZ. 3.3V

Find out carefully, check out C42. Maybe it caused the error! Or pins of LT3042 (IC5).
Touch or touch! Find it.

If you have capacitor 1206 = 10uF (C42), replace it!
thank you very much!

Hi Quanghao,

The C42 is an SMD capacitor, there is no indication of the value of this capacitor. You want me to remove it ?

Yes , remove it now and check 3.3 v.
Thanks

Hi Quanghao,

I removed C42 and the voltage is now 3.3V. Thank you.

Is this problem happening to all the boards you sent out already. If so, you need to inform all the other buyers to remove C42 from their boards. For those you have not sent out, you need to remove C42 for them.

Removing C42 is easy, first locate the indicator which said '3.3V_CL'. The LT3042 regulator next to this indicator is responsible for the 3.3V for the clock. C42 will be next to this regulator. To remove it, hold C42 with a plier, use a solder iron to heat one side of C42 for a few seconds, then C42 will come off easily.

Hope this helps all.

Last edited:
Cause the capacitor to fail in production.

Which is my experience.

You need to find another capacitor to replace: 1uF to 10uF / 6.3V.

thank you again !

Hi Quanghao,

Remove C42 is easy. But put back another one is very difficult due to such a small size. My eye sight is not good and my hand is very shaky to put back such a small SMD capacitor.

Anyway I will see what I can do.

Hi Alan ,
Thanks ,picture pls

Hi Myint67,

If you have the ES9038 board with all the connectors (SPDIF, AES ...etc) right on your stomach, The '3.3V_CL' indicator is just above and left of the USB connectors.

The voltage there should be about 3.3V. According to Quanghao, the failure probably only happen during production and WILL NOT happen to everyone. So if you have 3.3V, there is nothing to worry about.

Hope this help. As I need to find a camera with macro lense, let me know if you still want a pic.