• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For Salas DCG-3 and DCSTB Power Supplies

Another sign up for full DCG-3 and DCSTB kits & boards as well as i-select kit & board
Please can you confirm that I am right in thinking I only need one DCSTB kit if I'm not going for a dual-mono configuration?

Many thanks to Tea-Bag and Salas for all their work in organization, design & testing - I wouldn't know where to start without you...

Joined 2006
Paid Member
DCSTB KITS are only for 1/2.

Another sign up for full DCG-3 and DCSTB kits & boards as well as i-select kit & board
Please can you confirm that I am right in thinking I only need one DCSTB kit if I'm not going for a dual-mono configuration?

Many thanks to Tea-Bag and Salas for all their work in organization, design & testing - I wouldn't know where to start without you...

Nope, unfortunately, you need two.

I will try to spell that out in the GB message I send out later to people who have signed up.

To make expenses easier, I am offering transistor kits only for both boards.
This way if you want to flavor with your own caps and resistors, you can.
You may be able to find local parts cheaper. I have to mark up some of the kits because I try to offset the shipping costs a bit (and US buyers pay a little more for this). The transistor kits gives you the critical matched parts. And in todays world, matched NOS Jfets, I am careful not to waste.

If you guys (and maybe gals?) want me to make it a dual only kit I can do, and leave notes for those who want to run one kit only. When using only 1/2 a DCSTB board, the sinks need to be bigger as well as the Fuses.

A dual only kit will make things easier, as I can deliver closer to quad PF5102s, so the voltage more closely matches each side without adding in resistor tweaks (although it's going to happen sometimes even with well matched ones).

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Okay,
The official GB is on! It will end 11/20/2016 @ 11:59pm EST.
If you have signed up in the spreadsheet, I should have sent you a private message with payment details, options, etc.
If you sign up in the spreadsheet, I will check daily and make sure that you are sent the information. You can also directly message me with any questions you do not feel like asking here.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
When do you think you will start shipping the kits? No rush by any means, it's just for myself to clean up my bench :)

It will likely be 3+ weeks from this coming Sunday.
There is still one more week open for GB. Then order the boards. Then keep packing and making kits, then ship after boards arrive.

At the current amount of shipments, it will take 5-7 just to get them out the door and into the mail. At least your in the US, so less delay.