• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For Salas DCG-3 and DCSTB Power Supplies

Mine arrived in Canada with added excitement. It was listed as delivered yesterday, but there was no package at my home. Must have been delivered to the wrong address!!! I thought it might be "lost". Early this morning a nice lady walking her dog dropped it off in my mailbox. Wonderful boards. CRT has done a very well organized board. TeaBag's kit is like a great big bag of toys for this kid on Christmas.

Thanks
Jim

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Tea,

I'm starting to populate my boards and have a question on the orientation of the uPA68H.I see that there is a white line on one side on the board, the uPA's that I got in your kit have a small round mark with an "N" inside at one end on the side with the uPA68HA printed on it, Singapore is printed on the other side. Does the small round mark with the "N" in it face the white line on the board artwork ?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Tea,

I'm starting to populate my boards and have a question on the orientation of the uPA68H.I see that there is a white line on one side on the board, the uPA's that I got in your kit have a small round mark with an "N" inside at one end on the side with the uPA68HA printed on it, Singapore is printed on the other side. Does the small round mark with the "N" in it face the white line on the board artwork ?

Thanks,

Paul

The left must face to you and the right to output transistors.

Be careful: Same orientation also for Q5 :scared:

Attachments

• pre2.jpg
    pre2.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 814
Last edited:
PCB surgery

I am not Tea, but here's an idea

That selector board has options and connectors. AC or DC powered. Run a straight DC feed to the selector board from a DCSTB's positive rail. Don't even populate the selector's rectifier diodes and use a 100uF capacitor for decoupling instead of its 2200uF reservoir. Not even a sink for the 7812. One relay only will be engaged for connecting an input. Talking just 10mA. Look in my preamp, no extra transformer. A DC feed +/0 twisted pair travels under the double floor and emerges under the selector's board DC in. OK it does not always have to be a Paris sewers ghost :D It can simply get nicely dressed on the surface and be better serviceable too.

Hi Salas,
For layout reasons I want to cut the I-Select board between the 4th and 5th relays, similar to what you did in your build. Question: the board-to-pot ground appears to be an easy connection, but how did you take the signals from the I-Select board? From pins 3 and 8 on one of the relays? Or better to tap into the traces? Also, is a 220uf cap OK when DC fed?

Thanks
Keith

Attachments

• x-ray.jpg
    x-ray.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 730
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yes. As we count from the relay's side that faces the kickback protection diode, tap into the signals on the third row of pins up to the left and right side. Its easier than cleaning the narrow traces to create "end pads". They may come off in the end when reworking with wires on them. The aluminum bar for the Mosfets does not have to be that wide as in mine by the way. About 3cm width will suffice (an inch+). Its helpful as local heat absorbing mass but on thicker chassis than my cheapo box it can be possibly skipped. At 100mA bias at least.

Sure, there will be future GB for this.
Right now, I can add people to a waiting list, but I did not overdo the stock a ton of these boards. So I cannot promise delivery.

Hello Tea-Bag,

I would like to be added to the next group buy list, both boards and full kit for the DCG-3 and 2 full kits (dual mono) for the DCSTB power supply. Sorry if I'm not doing this right; I wasn't sure if I was supposed to add my name and order to the Google spreadsheet that's in your signature or not. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks again for putting this all together.