• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Neurochrome Parallel-86 Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
UPDATE September 4th, 2016: All boards have sold. Group buy closed. Thanks to all who supported the project and the group buy.

With TI's decision to discontinue the LM4780 used in the Parallel-86, I decided to let the Parallel-86 project sunset. However, there seems to be a fair number of folks who have LM4780s sitting in their desk drawers and there is certainly some interest in keeping the project going.

If the interest is there, I will be happy to order more boards. I would like to try and gauge the interest before I commit to this last, final, (yes really) ultimate board order of Parallel-86 boards.

If you are interested in buying Parallel-86 boards and can put money down by, say, July 21st please reply with the number of boards that you would like to buy. The boards are $90/each.

You can find the project information here: Parallel-86: High-power composite amplifier achieving 0.00012 % THD.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:
One board per mono channel, yes.

I'm looking at my summer schedule. I'll be in and out of email coverage in the middle of August, so I pulled the commit date in a bit.

The minimum board order is 12 boards, so once we reach that magic number of interested buyers, I'll open up for pre-orders on my website.

Tom

Last edited:
Open for pre-orders

Folks,

As we're up to nine boards out of the 12 minimum order, I have opened up for pre-ordering through my website: Parallel-86 Pre-Order

Here's the deal: If you are interested in participating in this group buy, please place your order as soon as possible. I need to place the board order with the manufacturer by the weekend of the 23rd/24th of July to make sure I have boards in a timely fashion as I'll be out of office for about 10 days in the middle of August. I would like to ship your orders before I skip town.

I'll keep you posted on the pre-orders here.

Thanks,

Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.