• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Neurochrome Parallel-86 Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, we've been here before. Some people expect others to provide their labour and expertise for free. I think that's a bit naive, at least if you want a quality product.

When you buy my boards you're not buying a piece of fibreglass with some copper on it. You are buying a well designed, well characterized, and well documented circuit. You buy the peace of mind that comes with building something and knowing that it will perform well when you're done. You're buying the support and help that I provide if you should get stuck. That's worth something. If you don't agree, that's fine. There's always eBay... :)

Up to 12 boards ordered now. 10 paid for. The group buy will happen, it's just a matter of how many boards to order.

Tom

So far I've purchased 7 x Modulus-86 and one Parallel-86. I couldn't be happier. The quality of product literally speaks for itself. Don't hessitate.

I have 4 Mod86, excellent sound, excellent documentation, excellent kit. Well worth the price.

I'm thinking about getting 2 Parallel 86 boards and stealing the 4780s out of my Sympaticos. Is it hard to remove and reuse the amp chip? I've never used Quikchip. Is it easy to do?

I gotta decide quick! :eek:

I have 4 Mod86, excellent sound, excellent documentation, excellent kit. Well worth the price.

Thank you.

I'm thinking about getting 2 Parallel 86 boards and stealing the 4780s out of my Sympaticos. Is it hard to remove and reuse the amp chip? I've never used Quikchip. Is it easy to do?

The pins on the LM4780 are pretty skinny. I'm not sure I'd attempt to desolder it.

I gotta decide quick! :eek:

Yeah, sorry... I have a bit of travel coming up in August and want to make sure the boards get in the mail before I head out of town.

I'll look at the order stack over the weekend and round up to a reasonable number. I'll get a few extra boards. Not many, but some. That should allow the latecomers to get boards as well. Your boards are guaranteed if you order by Friday night. After that, you're gambling. But hey... Some are into that. :)

Tom

Last edited:
The board order went into production this morning. I decided on getting 14 additional boards. That should leave some wiggle room for those who are still deciding. Once all 14 boards are sold, the pre-ordering will close and the Parallel-86 will sunset for the final time.

I expect all the pre-orders to ship around August 5th.

Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.