• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Make Your Own Muffsy Phono Stage Group Buy

Pick a color for the board!

• Red

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Green

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Black

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • White

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have two questions:

• Are these the ones in the kit of the GroupBuy?

Yes, that is correct.

I see people ordering a KIT+PCB in the spreadsheet.

• Does that mean, that the KIT does not contain the PCB?
Thanks.

When we say "Kit" we are talking about just the electronic components (resistors, capacitors, etc), and not the circuit board itself. It has turned out that several people are interested in ordering multiple boards, but only 1 component kit, so to simplify things I am separating them out on the sign up sheet.

Hello, is there a price break for component kit`s?

So I have been thinking about this a lot lately, and I think it honestly just makes more sense if the group buy is for the boards only. There was a slight price break after a 10 orders, but it was honestly just a couple dollars, and I would still have to order a couple hundred anti-static bags for the individual components then separate/sort them for each buyer.

So I think it makes more sense to let people order the components on their own and have the pieces shipped directly to them. This also gives everyone the chance to tailor the boards to their exact needs by replacing components as they see fit.

I've added a second sheet to the sign up form that has the bill of materials (BOM) that will work on Mouser. This is the same BOM found in the first post, I just thought it would be nice to consolidate everything.

I apologize for any inconvenience, and understand if anyone already on the list backs out, but I just think this makes the most sense.

I think i broke the price for the pcb`s on the spread sheet... We where at $3,57 and i dobbled my order..and now it reads "false". I think we need a new quote.. :)

Thanks for pointing that out, gwrskien. That's due to a limit in when doing if/and statements in google sheets.

However, it brings us to an interesting point. After thirty units, the price breaks are no longer after every ten units. It jumps to 50, then 100. So at 31 units, the price per unit actually jumps up. At 30 units it's $3.33/board, but 31 is $4.52/board. To get back down to $3.33/board we need 42 boards ordered. If we get to 50, its $2.80.

So I'll extend the deadline a couple weeks, and if we don't get up to 50, I'll break the buy to 30 units for round 1, with a wait list until we can get back up to 30 units for round 2.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.