• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Well Tempered Master Clock - Group buy

Disabled Account
Joined 2020
Thanks @Markw4. I was about ready to unseal the Hammond Case to take a look at the ends, but currently stuck ATM since I'm not using a DIY DAC along with the 5.6 MHz clock.

Andrea was kind enough to help troubleshoot over the weekend. He definitely stands by his products and of high character.

I'm not unsealing anything else in case I need to sell.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a drilling template for the covers of the Hammond cases that Andrea has on the BOM. Many thanks, Crom

(apologies if I've requested this before...I thought I had but can't find a record of it!)

I think these are the latest Crom.

Attachments

• Front_Panels.pdf
    22.4 KB · Views: 178
  • DBM_Front_Panels.pdf
    22.6 KB · Views: 117
To all who got in touch re the DX convertor - thank you! I've caught up with this project now and think I will be purchasing the sinePI from Ian.

@A123 thank you very much for the first of the drill templates - much appreciated. I've been following your exploits on this project. Good luck to you...I envy the amount of free time that you must have...don't have children ;-)

Thanks for the offer @Markw4 - Sligolad has come up with the goods!

...I'm off to mouser to spend a load of dosh on capacitors...and they're not even duelunds!

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2020
@Crom

No Worries. The SinePi is a great choice. The finished is basically plug and play which suits my DIY skill level. I was planning to sell you the DX at just the cost of shipping since I don't plan on utilising. I only purchased the DX to support Andrea's amazing efforts as I could of backed out since the SinePi was announced. Also, I lost the DX so it may be impossible to locate so glad I seen you queue on Ian's latest GB.

If that was the case, I probably wouldn't be here and purchasing a expensive commercial streamer on Audiophilestyle. I'm stuck with University housing fees which could of went to audio toys for the next four years. So my toy days are mainly over and I need to pick a good point to stop. Andrea's clock fits that bill. Unfortunately, I need a doubler now. I've been on overseas office hours with the International Team as the pandemic is taking it's toll and leaning towards closing down the overseas office. Since I'm on graveyard hours, it gives me a great time to research products. I'm just looking for the safest route for the other project, so may overdue the due diligence. But it's all in the name of safety and protecting the Minecraft Xeon servers from burning down. Big fan of Notch. Ultra Caps are not toys, they need great care so knockoffs represent too much risk. I'm glad I did the research.

Appreciate the notice on you purchasing the SinePi. That means I could be done here for the year except to wrap up on some private messages. I'll be back for the next Group Buy as I cannot enjoy Andrea's clock without a doubler. C U then...

Last edited:
Hi
does anyone have a TWTMC-C or any other of those old boards just lying around? I would like to get a good clock for my shiga mk2 and the commercial options don’t look so great and are expensive. I know the chances are slim but I cannot do anything else than try my luck. Send me a private message if you have one you would be willing to sell

Quite a few phase noise measurements were published. Not sure about 45-49Mhz, but I think there was something. Pretty sure not for 90-98MHz. Best phase noise for 45-49Mhz is probably to start with 11-12MHz crystal oscillators then use two frequency doublers, followed by squaring to make digital clock pulses. The maximum number of doublers is two, so if wanting 90-98Mhz then you would have to start with 22-24MHz oscillators. By that point phase noise is starting to get significantly worse however. At 11-12MHz phase noise is still quite good.

@caad:
Some phase noise plots of 45/45MHz clocks have come into my possession. They are of the following:
  • DRIXO 11.2896 MHz to 45.1584 MHz (2 frequency doublers)
  • DRIXO 22.5792 MHz to 45.1584 MHz (one frequency doubler)
  • DRIXO 45.1584 MHz
  • DRIXO 49.152 MHz
Descriptions are in the notations at the bottom of each pic.

Please see attached...

Attachments

• TWTMC-DBM 112896 to 451584.png
    TWTMC-DBM 112896 to 451584.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 187
  • TWTMC-DBM 225792 to 451584.png
    TWTMC-DBM 225792 to 451584.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 179
  • TWTMC-DRIXO 49152.png
    TWTMC-DRIXO 49152.png
    24 KB · Views: 174
  • TWTMC-DRIXO 451584.png