Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

The Well Tempered Master Clock - Group buy
The Well Tempered Master Clock - Group buy
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th April 2019, 10:42 AM   #351
andrea_mori is offline andrea_mori  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default Available crystals

hellokitty123's order has been canceled, 45 and 49 MHz crystals have been sold but 5.6448 Mhz and 6.144 Mhz Sc-cut 3rd overtone HC-47/U are available (1 for each frequency).

If someone was interested on this pair of crystals, please send me the filled order form.
Old 17th April 2019, 11:51 AM   #352
diyiggy is offline diyiggy
diyAudio Member

These 2 frequencies left may interrest Wlowes (if not using ovrsampling) member with a DIL12 adaptator of your to stack a discroll board directly on the iancanada fifopi board (halas my understanding there is no room to adapt two DIL12 adaptator as on the fifo Pi the clock areas were 180 flipped.

Anyway if like me you mostly listen 5.6448 MHz multiple, it's not of an importance to also use a Laptech on the 6.144 MHz area. While you can use both but whith no direct stacking, i.e. use the uf-l adaptator boards with short 2" uf-l wires as jitter is of a less importance with old PCM chips (instead delta-sigma dac chips)
Old 17th April 2019, 02:09 PM   #353
wlowes is online now wlowes  Canada
diyAudio Member

I was tempted. I was lucky to get the 45/49 pair. I suspect the 5/6 pair would be perfect for the TDA1541a rig I run, but I wanted to ultimately have a system that will play anything. I am enjoying a tda1541a that occasionally plays 96, 192k or DSD64. 99% of my listening is at redbook speed.
Now I have to get up to speed with this thread and figure out how to use it with Iancanada FIFOPi. If anyone has taken that path, let me know. Much fun ahead.
Old 17th April 2019, 02:50 PM   #354
diyiggy is offline diyiggy
diyAudio Member

@Wolwes

I understand now, I believed it was Ilgavro member who got these 45/49 Mhz.

My understanding is the discroll board to come is a double clock one, not stackable on the Fifoboard, but standalone clock Discrol previous board seems ok for stacking (but only one pad, no room for the two areas of the FifoPi).
You can also use the Dil-12 to uf-l adaptator to link with a 2" uf-l wire to the new double Discrol adapatator
Old 21st April 2019, 08:52 AM   #355
dirkwunderl is offline dirkwunderl
diyAudio Member

@andrea_mori I‘d like to buy the 5/6 pair. Will send you the filled order form.

The Well Tempered Master Clock - Group buyHide this!Advertise here!