• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For Salas I-Select Mesmerize Type input selector and volume control

I am considering using 2 stacked I-Selects for balanced input selection.
My plan:
- Top board for left channel
- Top board power circuit populated (diodes, 7812, etc.)
- Bottom board for right channel
- Top board DC OUT connected to bottom board DC IN
- Connect G,1,2,3,4,5,6 from top board to G,1,2,3,4,5,6 on bottom board
- Connect selector switch to top board

Some inputs will be unbalanced. I plan to jumper IN- to GND on the I-Select boards for the unbalanced inputs.

If I use an arduino rather than a physical switch, I am considering using arduino output connected to 2N5551's to power the relays.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Okay,
GB is officially started and I have sent out Private Messages to those who have already signed up. Please read the entire message. If you have not received one, please private message me and I will send it to you. The GB will close at midnight on 5/27/18. Please make payments before the end of that day. Any paypal invoice I send should be able to be paid by Credit card or Debit card without a paypal account needed.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The last GB for the end of the year has started and will close out on 12/9/2018.
If you have signed up on spreadsheet previously, I should have private messaged you by now on next steps.

The Reflektor-D boards will move from matte to standard black.

So, to get in on GB please sign up on spreadsheet and then private message me. Any questions, private message me.

This may help. Check the breakout on the second pic down on right.

Light-emitting diode - Wikipedia

Shows flatspot of cathode, or shorter lead.

Thanks for the info. Just to be sure I understand correctly, is the via with the square pad cathode?

LED.JPG

Hi,

Just a quick question that I have not seen asked. Is there any reason why I could not use the I-Select as an output selector? For example, input a signal on the output side and the use the selector to choose one of several outputs (traditional input side), so I could choose between several amps or preamps. Hope that it is not too dumb a question.

Thanks.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
To choose between several preamps from one source yes. Between output of one preamp to several power amps yes, between output of one power amp between several loudspeakers no, because the relays are not rated for switching & passing such high currents (1A switching, 2A carrying max).

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ok, like an idiot I connected 34VAC to the input rather than 17VAC. The LED came on for a short while and then went out before I realised what I'd done. What have I likely trashed, just the 7812?

Did the 7812 get really hot first?
It would have tried to down the voltage. If not left on for more than a minute, I would be surprised if the 7812 itself blew. It will always try to output 12V. Assuming it was left on and overheated, it is a good candidate to replace. Might want to ask Salas about troubleshooting it. I can't seem to find the technical thread for it right now.