• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For Salas I-Select Mesmerize Type input selector and volume control

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
A single 12V relay will be engaged at a time and will just use 0.14W. If to have position indicator LED it will only add 0.01W.

So the tiniest of 12V AC transformer will do. Or some compatible AC secondary in the rest of build exists and its possible to share from it. Also no LM7812 sinking will be needed. In case you want to power some extra peripheral utilizing the 12VDC regulated output a 10-20VA transformer and using the sink will do.

Hi Tea-Bag,

I received the boards some time ago and was checking required parts etc when I noticed the schematic is not included in the pdf file. With the black soldermask it is a bit difficult to follow the traces, so could you please post the schematic?

Thanks,

AlbertNL

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I received the boards some time ago and was checking required parts etc when I noticed the schematic is not included in the pdf file. With the black soldermask it is a bit difficult to follow the traces, so could you please post the schematic?

Thanks,

AlbertNL

Hi Albert, here is the schematic and the board tracing. Also the positions and poles pins for CK1030/CK1025 Lorlin switch.

1-6 ---> A
7-12 ---> C

The relays PSU ground is not already connected to the signal ground so to allow you open grounding options. Builds are many and different, the general grounding scheme this selector board ends up working with each time is unpredictable.

If you borrow DC from the preamp its ground return may already be showing continuity to the signal ground for instance. If not or you have a dedicated transformer for the selector board you may need to connect its input/output ground line with its 7812 PSU ground line to avoid hum. Or you may opt wiring both of them to chassis if common to system ground along with the metal body part of the pot if its not already having continuity to chassis through an extension rod or by being mounted on the front plate. Anything that works best for no hum.

Attachments

• sch.png
    sch.png
    16 KB · Views: 1,296
  • x-ray.png
    x-ray.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,306
  • Lorlin.png
    Lorlin.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,112
  • Lorlin2.png
    Lorlin2.png