• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For Salas I-Select Mesmerize Type input selector and volume control

Thanks for the suggestion Salas.. Very much appreciated!

I have another question if you're up for it.. I've seen some pictures of different builds with the inselect board where the grounds for all 4-6 RCA input's were tied together, seemingly with a single wire.. I've seen others that each ground from the RCA was it's own wire going directly to the input select board..

Is there any strategy to tying the grounds all together for all of the inputs? So sorry for the noob questions!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its for building easier via single wire bus through all RCA colds and one connection to the inselector's audio ground. Electrically works the same. But loop area wise the direct grounding of each one stereo input through the dual core coax's screen/drain wire is superior against possible noise interference.

Powering inselect from DCSTB board?

Hey all..

Wire on the way (Thanks for the suggestions Salas) and I think I have most of this straight in my head as far as making all of the connections. One thing I'm still trying to sort out is where to tap DC power for the inselect board from the DCSTB power supply board (DCG3 build). I've seen a few options, but I'm leaning on tapping from one of the capacitors on the board, I'm just not certain which one, and which terminal of that cap? Thoughts?

Thanks much all!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
This way

Attachments

• DCSTB_Raw_Sch.png
    DCSTB_Raw_Sch.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 176
Buongiorno,

sorry if I start off the end, I promise I will read the whole thing but just a question, as a total nerd beginner I am trying to figure if I can put together a preamp based on the BA-3 front end, idea is to make it dual mono and as such working onto understanding the power section (two Sigma 22 boards + two 32V transformers bla bla bla) and once I saw this thread referred off the BA-3 preamp builds I would like to ask if this board/kit referred in this thread would be of any help for a beginner to put it all together and if they are still available for order.

Grazie

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Salas and I have discussed before. I probably could not handle too many technical request, but here was chunk of answer earlier on.
--
"utilize the second half of the rotary switch to select respective relays together from a pair of in-select boards. Must wire hot & cold of one channel per relay per PCB instead of L & R. Then he would also need to wire a four segments balanced pot type at the two PCBs pot pads so to have volume control function too. One in-select local PSU for ACin should suffice to energize both boards. The slave board configured for DCin only."

Hello,

I know I am late to add myself to the buy list but I am trying to find out if the board could easily suit my first DIY it being the BA-3 preamp (which I'd like to build as a dual mono with 2x Sigma 22 boards and 2 x trafo to match an under construction FW F4), concern, as suggested by a very patient forum member, being the power source for the board, would it be easy to implement this board in such a project?

Thanks

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello,

I know I am late to add myself to the buy list but I am trying to find out if the board could easily suit my first DIY it being the BA-3 preamp (which I'd like to build as a dual mono with 2x Sigma 22 boards and 2 x trafo to match an under construction FW F4), concern, as suggested by a very patient forum member, being the power source for the board, would it be easy to implement this board in such a project?

Thanks
Did you see the note from 2-18? Salas had discussed its use in balance mode prior.
Maybe I am not understanding your question. I would say single ended version is good first diy project, either as passive or implementing with BA-3. But building dual mono for balanced operation I am not personally familiar with.

Did you see the note from 2-18? Salas had discussed its use in balance mode prior.
Maybe I am not understanding your question. I would say single ended version is good first diy project, either as passive or implementing with BA-3. But building dual mono for balanced operation I am not personally familiar with.
My mistake, English not being my mother tongue not to mention today fingers (and brain) are very slow due to cold weather.

I have a skilled tech building a FW F4 in dual mono for me, it was too much as a first attempt at a DIY project, not the skills nor the instruments here so I passed the duty to him but since a preamp is less troublesome I thought I would try myself to build a BA-3 and I'd like to follow the dual mono implementation of the F4 so would build the preamp with 2 transformers, 2 PSU boards and the BA-3 front end.

Instead of the volume pot I saw a pic of same build implementing the Salas board and thought it would be a nicer touch if it doesn't add too much trouble into finding space in the case (which I have not picked yet) and within my skills but as another member pointed out it needs current to be powered up and this becomes one more source of trouble for my skills, this is where I need help from you guys, to understand if the Salas is easy to fit into such project and where to take necessary power to fire it up.

Grazie