• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"The Wiener" TPA3118 amplifier, group buy #3 + "Wiener Pro" prototypes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wiener to the rescue.

My geriatric ONKYO AVR finally died, so I pressed my Wiener into action to power two DIY single driver bass reflex Fostex FE103 speakers for TV sound. No more center channel or rear speakers, but it sounds surprisingly good. Now is not the time to spend $$$ on a new AVR.

OBTW, I’m aware of Onkyo’s HDMI issues and replacing the capacitors as a fix. I did it successfully on my son’s AVR, plus I have the capacitors to to this one. Given its age, but for the pandemic, I wouldn’t invest the time. While under house arrest, the soldering project makes more sense.

Attachments

• 1F6DC3B5-4F3B-4B4A-85D9-A557447CBD02.jpeg
    1F6DC3B5-4F3B-4B4A-85D9-A557447CBD02.jpeg
    860.9 KB · Views: 139
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.