• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller

Hi,
I did a quick test with the new software but unfortunately it is not working with the app yet.
When i have more time i will try to get it working with the new version.

Can you please post the version of the app that was working with MAYA 1.6 ios?
Then I can use it as before the last app update.

Best regards,
AudioHome

If one built a balanced XLR pre amp with the Maya... how could you make at least one input be single ended RCA?

Maya balanced is made from two single ended boards. You may keep one input SE, but the output will be also SE.
Maya will not make SE-BAL or BAL-SE conversion.
If you want conversion, than use a transformer, an active circuit or a psuedo-differential cable as it was already mentioned.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi,

Hope attached pictures are self explanatory.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• maya1.jpeg
    maya1.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 606
  • Maya2.jpeg
    Maya2.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 598
  • Maya3.jpeg
    Maya3.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 555
Hi Tibi, can I ask you 3 small questions?

1) is a 6 Vac 15VA transformer sufficient to power your latest balanced Maya? Or do I need at least 9V 20VA?

2) I am looking to change your encoder for another one (see below) with an integrated NO switch (to use for the menu button). But I see two capacitors c20 and c21 on your encoder PCB, 47 nF between common and the two channels. I need new caps with a new encoder-with-switch, what type of 47 nF capacitors do I need?

3) My guess is that this encoder-with-switch suits Maya, am I right? Bourns 652-PEC11R4225KS0024
PEC11R-4225K-S0024 Bourns | Mouser Nederland

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Tibi and others, since Vicol Audio page is no longer available can someone send me or provide me access to the docs for Maya Controller and VolCB that was on Vicol audio site.

I'm not sure if I have the latest firmware either but I suspect I'm fine there as I got my unit August 2018.

Just need the docs to ensure I understand everything completely. Am looking to power the Maya main unit from my own DC supply ... need suggestion on best place to connect this supply after the 7805 regulator.