• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller

Hi Tibi,

Do you have any photos of the displays in operation?

I've found photos of the OLED display in people's projects but I'm still not certain what the LCD display looks like. What colour is the backlight for example?

With the LCD version, do you think it might be possible to switch the display for a compatible LED matrix display later on to tweek the aesthetics if indeed there are pin compatible versions of both?

OLED is blue and LCD is STN negative, blue transmissive.
All displays must be compatible with MAYA. A special routine is written in MAYA microcontroller to drive each display. Each display employ different controller or compatible ones.
Is difficult to make pictures as these do not render display color correctly.

Herebelow are few displays compatible with MAYA.

OLED - WEH001602A
VFD -
Noritake CU16025 UW
LCD - RC1602B-BIW-ESX
LCD - RC1602B-GHW-CSX
LCD - RC1602B-GHW-ESX
LCD - RC1602B2-BIW-CSX
LCD - RC1602B2-GHW-CSX
LCD - RC1602B-BIW-CSX

Regards,
Tibi

All mentioned displays are based on HD44780 controller and can be interchanged. Any HD44780 display can be used for LCD MAYA version.
If you buy MAYA with LCD, than single OLED display available is WEH001602A.
If you buy MAYA with OLED, than display controller is WS0010 and there are many more OLED display available.
Between VFD and OLED, I personally prefer OLED.

Regards,
Tibi

GB is closed. Many thanks to all who expressed interest in Maya and Hans VolCB board !

Next I'll get a final quote for 50 VolCB boards. I the mean time I know that Hans is looking to offer VolCB boards ready mounted and tested for those who do not like hassle with smd parts.
Before going further and start collecting money, I'll wait for Hans decision about VolCB ready mounted boards.

Please also note that some Maya orders will be shipped right away, as we have a small stock.
Others will have to wait 2-3 weeks more.

Regards,
Tibi

Hey, sorry for this but can I add to my order and make it 2 LCD Maya controllers please? Was thinking about it last night but was too tired to remember to change the spreadsheet..

Hope that's ok?

Also i'm happy to wait 2-3 weeks so feel free to prioritise others.

Thanks, NATDBERG

I got PCB quotation from factory.
VolCB boards are 7 euro each ex VAT 20%
4 input select boards are 28 euro each ex VAT 20% (price is high because there are only 10 GB subscribers).

Next, I'll contact each GB subscriber and ask for paypal details. After that a paypal invoice will be send to you.
I would appreciate a fast payment, so I can put these boards in production soon.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi,

Do you have many images of the display graphics that are programmed for the controller? It does seem to be something lacking in your promotion of your full product - I have to rely on photos of other people's builds.

For me, if it wasn't for the BPPBP, I would be judging the controller much on the looks of the graphics - no-one wants a great sounding preamp that annoys them visually every day! :)

Here's one for the LCD - Is this how the volume control graphics look?

486525d1433361793-vicol-audio-r2r-volume-controller-builds-p5130019.jpg

Pictures and graphics is something I need to add to promote our volume-controller. We are working on this. Graphics are dynamically changing and that image is when you select an input and change volume.

Hans' VolCB it is accurate in -dB as long R-2R resistive network is designed log in one 1dB step and this is the current case.

Regards,
Tibi