Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller
Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th April 2016, 01:53 PM   #21
Alarudin is offline Alarudin  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Default BPBP PCB

Pardon my ignorance, just to clarify. So in order to make this whole thing work, i need to purchase a modified version of the BPBP PCB. Just got my BPBP pcb from the main group buy and it will be such a waste to chuck it away and get a new PCB.
Any other way we could have a add-on board or sorta thing so we can use the original board and still incorporate the maya controller solution?

regards,
askae
Old 28th April 2016, 01:56 PM   #22
pixelpusher is offline pixelpusher  United States
diyAudio Member

It seems to me that in order to use the Maya in BPBP the input selection function needs to be separated from the volume function. This is something I would be very interested in. I am not using the BPBP but this would allow me to put the volume control in a better position in my preamp.
Old 28th April 2016, 02:05 PM   #23
Hans Polak is offline Hans Polak  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
Thank you, Hans ! Please share gerbers with me and I'll use your files.
As well, thank you for IM23TS tip !

Regards,
Tibi
Tibi,

Here is a view of the layout, but without the 5 Volt layer that is on the lower end of the topside, because it disturbs the overview.
PCB.jpg

And here are the Gerbers, including everything.
XGerber.zip

Regards,
Hans
Old 28th April 2016, 02:19 PM   #24
tvicol is offline tvicol  Europe
diyAudio Member

Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller
Thank you very much, Hans !

Regards,
Tibi
Old 29th April 2016, 12:29 AM   #25
Brinkman is offline Brinkman  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarudin View Post
Pardon my ignorance, just to clarify. So in order to make this whole thing work, i need to purchase a modified version of the BPBP PCB. Just got my BPBP pcb from the main group buy and it will be such a waste to chuck it away and get a new PCB.
Any other way we could have a add-on board or sorta thing so we can use the original board and still incorporate the maya controller solution?
I was also a member of the GB that is also confused. I am under the impression Hans made a volume control PCB for the BPBP that has been modified to work with the Maya volume control group buy. Hans' PCB supersedes the R2R board from the Maya board set that would otherwise be needed. What I don't understand from the Google document is what exactly I need to order. It sounds like there's a route for people without a BPBP and a route for those who already have one. I cannot tell which one is shown by the example on the document.
Old 29th April 2016, 12:50 AM   #26
Alarudin is offline Alarudin  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkman View Post
I was also a member of the GB that is also confused. I am under the impression Hans made a volume control PCB for the BPBP that has been modified to work with the Maya volume control group buy. Hans' PCB supersedes the R2R board from the Maya board set that would otherwise be needed. What I don't understand from the Google document is what exactly I need to order. It sounds like there's a route for people without a BPBP and a route for those who already have one. I cannot tell which one is shown by the example on the document.
Glad I'm not alone! My understanding from some pm exchanges with Hans and tibi.

1) han's BPBP pcb will be a separate board connected to the original BPBP board. From there the han's BPBP pcb will be connected to Maya main board.

2) we will need to order 2 x hans' BPBP pcb, 1 x Maya main board

3) a question, do we fill in 1 balanced or 2 balanced

Kindly correct me if my understanding is flawed.

Regards,
Askae
Old 29th April 2016, 12:56 AM   #27
aradan is offline aradan  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
Have added a new column BPBP in https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1638000354

Add number of boards you want. One board is a balanced channel.

Regards,
Tibi
Tibi mentioned, that one board is balanced.

Meaning to run it with BPBP

You will need

1x board
1x balanced maya

As I am going to use 3x balanced channels I am ordering two boards

Oleg

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Old 29th April 2016, 07:18 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Ok, let me clarify.

In short.
For a balanced stereo preamplifier you need only one Hans - BPBP board and one Maya controller board.

In long.

Hans have designed a R-2R board who replace linear potentiometer in BPBP. This board will be controlled by Maya main CPU board.
Maya is composed by several separate boards.
The one which you will use is the main board which contain microcontroller, display, 5V regulator, infrared receiver, bluetooth module and interfaces for temperature sensors, optical encoder and soft start/protections.
Main Maya board can control (via I2C bus) an unlimited number of Hans- BPBP boards allowing you to use BPBP in home theater systems or other multi-channel solutions.
Compared with R-2R original board in Maya, Hans - BPBP R-2R board have a different impedance and arrangement. Maya is constant 10K output, Hans - BPBP is 2K constant input.
In other words, Hans - BPBP R-2R board is not a better R-2R board for Maya, is just the right one for BPBP.
To replace potentiometer on BPBP you need one Maya controller board and one Hans - BPBP R-2R board.

Hope things are clear now.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by tvicol; 29th April 2016 at 07:37 AM.
Old 29th April 2016, 07:21 AM   #29
aradan is offline aradan  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Hi Tibi,

Thank you, I was going to ask those questions actually

From the price perspective, how much the Hans board would be. And when do you have plans to start production, sometime in summer?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Old 29th April 2016, 07:37 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Hans - BPBP pcb will be around 10-15 euro.
We need more people subscribed in order to start production.
For this size of PCB minimum order on PCB factory is 30.

Regards,
Tibi

Maya R2R Advanced Volume controllerHide this!Advertise here!