Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller
Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th June 2016, 11:35 AM   #101
emyeuoi is offline emyeuoi  Italy
diyAudio Member

Thanks Tibi for the update.

I send you a PM regarding my shipment. You gat the chance to read it?

Best Regards,
Enrico
Old 13th June 2016, 11:55 AM   #102
tvicol is offline tvicol  Europe
diyAudio Member

Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller
Quote:
Originally Posted by emyeuoi View Post
Thanks Tibi for the update.

I send you a PM regarding my shipment. You gat the chance to read it?

Best Regards,
Enrico
Yes, I read it.

Regards,
Tibi
Old 13th June 2016, 06:09 PM   #103
Thebo is offline Thebo  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hello Hans, to get a volume range of -63dB to 0dB, I have to use R14/R34=2K, right? The relais you are using, are they smd or thru hole? Thank you Thomas
Old 14th June 2016, 09:47 AM   #104
Hans Polak is offline Hans Polak  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
Hello Hans, to get a volume range of -63dB to 0dB, I have to use R14/R34=2K, right? The relais you are using, are they smd or thru hole? Thank you Thomas
Hi Thebo,

Yes 2K for 0dB max is correct.
The Relais are through hole, see here:
IM23TS - TE CONNECTIVITY - Signal Relay, IM Series, DPDT, 5 VDC, 2 A, Through Hole, Non Latching | Farnell element14|

Hans
Old 14th June 2016, 10:10 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

Now that everything is starting to move with the Maya Controller and the VolCB etc, I had a short communication with Tibi to check if everything was still the way it should be.

We came to the conclusion that the Maya firmware for the 6 input GB board has still to be adjusted, enabling 6 instead of 4 channels.

There are 2 ways that can be taken:
- First is by delivering everybody the Maya controller with the current 4 input Firmware-1, and to supply the adjusted Firmware-2 at a later stage where everybody has to do the firmware change from 1 to 2 by himself
- Second possibility is to let me test the new Firmware-2 and to supply everybody with the Maya controller with this new firmware-2 after my O.K. has been given, avoiding users to do the firmware change themselves.

Everybody with the BPBP could, but must not use Firmware-2, except for those with the 6 input board, they MUST have Firmware-2.

To my opinion it would be better if ALL BPBP have Firmware-2, since one Firmware version makes support quite a lot easier.

What it means to flash the Firmware, look here:
http://vicol-audio.ro/maya.php

Hans
Old 14th June 2016, 01:13 PM   #106
diyAudio Member

Just to add to my previous email.

I have already prepared myself to do the testing of this new Firmware-2 version, by ordering the Atmel mini USB programmer.
As soon as I have the Maya Controller and the VolCB PCB, I will only need a very short time for testing.

Hans
Old 14th June 2016, 01:47 PM   #107
pixelpusher is offline pixelpusher  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Hans,
I noticed in your BOM you specify a G6K-2P for RE7. Any reason for using a different relay here from the others?
Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 03:43 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post
Hi Hans,
I noticed in your BOM you specify a G6K-2P for RE7. Any reason for using a different relay here from the others?
Thanks
You could eventually use the same IM23TS for Re7 just as the other six relays, but then you will need to do some bending, since the IM23 has 3.2/2.2/2.2 mm pin distance and the G6K has 2.54/2.54/2.54 mm pin distances.

Reason for this G6K is that when using a 4 input or a 6 input board, this relay is replaced by a socket using partly the same holes in the PCB as the relay.

Hans
Old 14th June 2016, 03:49 PM   #109
pixelpusher is offline pixelpusher  United States
diyAudio Member

OK, so I assume when using the 4 input board Re7 is not used and replaced by a header.
I have purchased the 4 input board from Tibi as well.
Old 14th June 2016, 04:03 PM   #110
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post
OK, so I assume when using the 4 input board Re7 is not used and replaced by a header.
I have purchased the 4 input board from Tibi as well.
That is correct.
RE7 is needed only in case of using the standard 2 input version of the BPBP.
For the 4 input and the 6 input add on's, header 2178710-8 has to be used instead.

Hans

Maya R2R Advanced Volume controllerHide this!Advertise here!