Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

GB  Pass SONY VFET Version 2 - AL Boards by Tea-Bag
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th August 2016, 12:16 AM   #21
Eric is offline Eric  United States
diyAudio Member

By any chance, is there another set of front end ant output stage boards available?

Eric
Old 13th August 2016, 12:38 AM   #22
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

Yes there is. I think all the major parts are still available.
Salas Boards 2018#2 ​ ​Click Here to Sign Up! | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits In Stock, PM | M2C Boards, PS and transformers Available PM | Sony VFET CSX2 AL boards In Stock
Old 16th October 2016, 07:27 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

I am currently out of boards.

I am going to do another small run of them, as some have been able to get good pairs from the diyaudiostore GB.

On that note, I have some extra VFETS I am trying to make pairs for. So if anyone has any spare 2SJ28 parts, let me know. I wish to buy them and try to match them with my stash. If not, I will have some singles to spare for both N and P channel parts.
Salas Boards 2018#2 ​ ​Click Here to Sign Up! | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits In Stock, PM | M2C Boards, PS and transformers Available PM | Sony VFET CSX2 AL boards In Stock
Old 17th October 2016, 12:22 AM   #24
hifibluedevil is offline hifibluedevil  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea-Bag View Post
I am currently out of boards.

I am going to do another small run of them, as some have been able to get good pairs from the diyaudiostore GB.

On that note, I have some extra VFETS I am trying to make pairs for. So if anyone has any spare 2SJ28 parts, let me know. I wish to buy them and try to match them with my stash. If not, I will have some singles to spare for both N and P channel parts.
I have some j28s tested and marked please pm me.
Old 12th November 2016, 11:05 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

I am going to do another small run of these boards.
There are a few people who have asked for them, as they were able to obtain some pairs out there, and want to make the paired version.

So if you want in on this GB, let me know as soon as possible. I will be closing the GB on 11/20/16

I will sending out Private messages to the people who have shown interest.
Old 12th November 2016, 11:34 PM   #26
koja is offline koja  Canada
diyAudio Member

Tea,

how does your circuit compare to the kit version they are currently signing up for in the main thread?

I have no vfets and my concern is if I have to buy the complete kits now to get those?

also: how does the original version with 2 pairs per channel compare to this one? would your pcbs still be usable? (sorry that I did not do the homework).

I need min 30W/ch@8ohm and my options are either the 2 pair per channel version or to run these single pair versions bridged with a balanced preamp (not sure what that would add up to in terms of noise and sound though).
Old 13th November 2016, 12:12 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koja View Post
Tea,

how does your circuit compare to the kit version they are currently signing up for in the main thread?

I have no vfets and my concern is if I have to buy the complete kits now to get those?

also: how does the original version with 2 pairs per channel compare to this one? would your pcbs still be usable? (sorry that I did not do the homework).

I need min 30W/ch@8ohm and my options are either the 2 pair per channel version or to run these single pair versions bridged with a balanced preamp (not sure what that would add up to in terms of noise and sound though).

This version compares only to the original Sony VFET version 2 design Nelson originally designed, and requires 8 VFETs total, 2 Matched Pairs of 2SK82 and 2 pairs of 2SJ28s.

If you do not have matched pairs of VFETs, this board set if not for you!

I have not listened to the single paired version for comparison, but I have heard it it very close in sound, but not in output wattage.
Old 13th November 2016, 11:10 PM   #28
koja is offline koja  Canada
diyAudio Member

Got it. THX.

I am also getting caught up on the threads and I have already answered my own questions. it is your board that I would need if I was lucky to get the matched vfets in sufficient numbers. the issue is the kits built around the single pair version have the advantage in diyaudio store, so I shall have to wait and see.
Old 14th November 2016, 02:19 AM   #29
Tedman is offline Tedman  Canada
diyAudio Member

I would like to get in on this run, please!
Old 16th November 2016, 09:58 PM   #30
R-K Rønningstad is offline R-K Rønningstad  Norway
diyAudio Member

I would participate in this run, please.
Stereoset.

/RK

GB  Pass SONY VFET Version 2 - AL Boards by Tea-BagHide this!Advertise here!