• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Sjöström Super Regulator group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't called it Jung Super Regulator because it isn't and besides Mr Jung don't want his name on this, I'll believe. I'll give him and Jan Didden and other persons involved full credit. My contribution was to transform the design to SMD and make an universal positive/negative PCB which is NOT hard to stuff (Fred!).

SMD is very "narrow" for most DIY'ers but I can asure you that this pcb isn't very hard to solder by hand. It give me also the possiblity to make ready made pcb's, due to the SMD technique.

How many out there are interested? The price will be very fair.

If I'll see some sort of interest I'll start a wiki page.

Just had a look at the schematic. To be honest: I don't understand anything. I believe, this shall be some kind of combination of the negative and positive version, the "x"-marked parts only appear in the negative version...?
Nevertheless you are paralleling a positive and a negative voltage regulator - correct me if I am wrong.

As far as I understand it, the board ist for one regulator only; it depends on the stuffing if it will be a positive ore a negative version.

But it is absolutely possible that I have totally missed the point.

BrianGT said:
Why don't you just make seperate boards for +/- regulators, as it would probably clean up the layout a bit. I was planning on making seperate board for +/- 5v and +/- 15v for mine... making 4 versions total.
Nothing wrong with making four different boards but I'll it's better for the price with four times as many of a single board.

HBarske said:
Just had a look at the schematic. To be honest: I don't understand anything. I believe, this shall be some kind of combination of the negative and positive version, the "x"-marked parts only appear in the negative version...?
Nevertheless you are paralleling a positive and a negative voltage regulator - correct me if I am wrong.

As far as I understand it, the board ist for one regulator only; it depends on the stuffing if it will be a positive ore a negative version.

But it is absolutely possible that I have totally missed the point.
If you are unsure how the original look like, just check Walt's homepage. With time I will very clearly make instructions for all types. Compare how I have done with my Gainclone.

giolight said:
I'm interested but why do you use ad797 and not ad825?
What do you mean parts with X are for negative regulators?
how many mA at 24V I can obtain from it?
Cost of the boards and eventually the ready mounted too?
Giorgio
How much current? Don't know at the moment but it will probaly be sufficient for driving a couple of opamps. 100-300 mA I'll expect depening of the incoming voltage.

The price is still reasonable. It could be as low as 2-3 USD but I'll suspect it will be under 10 USD but this is strongly dependent of the number of boards.

Ready made units can be offered if more than 100 boards are ordered. < 50 USD but this involves start costs so if 1000 units are ordered the price will drop.

At the moment I see that the interest is rather cool (only 7 persons) so I'll guess I'll start with a small prototype series and after that put the question again.

In the meantime, I'll create a wiki page and interested people can put themselves on the list. It's OK by me if someone make the wiki page for me if you want it fast.

I would also appreciate if you could state max limit for the pcb and for the ready made unit.

Hi...could some one please tell me where I can implement this super regulator...point me to some tread on forum...as I remember ,it has something with upgrading power supply in DAC or in DVD,CD players ...Could it be used for upgradeing PHILIPS DVD 963 SA...

Thanks
Regards
Josip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.