• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EPSUX3V2 High performance Lab power supply Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

It is time now to start to know if DIYers and how many, would be interested to built this project.
In fact, i've already made much work on doing the project to be easy to do as possible
(but i don't recommend this for newbies as first building project).
I've also work a lot these days to make a precise cost evaluation, because of course
price is always a major parameter to build something or not.

You will find below, a summarized cost tables to build the full project, including beautiful
Lexans panels and professional 4 layers PCBs.

First, the group-buy parts list;

PriceTable.jpg

And here, the components you need to buy separately :

PriceRest.jpg

The total project cost is about 136+161 ~ 500 €.

This price for the group-buy "kit" is reachable for a number of builder of 25 at least.
Of course, if we reach 50 or 100 (we can dream ! :)) the price will decrease much.

As you will see, we can't speak of "cheap" DIY.
But, as you could understand if you follow the project thread, even for that price,
you will probably not find commercial equivalent product !(even in low cost range).

I give also on bottom of the price table, some links to download the full updated schematics
of the PSU and the "preview" manual i wrote, describing the PSU operation and specifications.
I highly recommend this reading.

I've also prepared a complete bom that can be imported in Mouser to order near
to all parts very quickly .

My goal is not to make money when sharing this project. I will only sales bare PCB
and Lexans panels on which ones i add a small fees to help me to continue in building
new projects (others are in preparation).

Of course, all DIYers will receive (as for my others projects) a very complete folder
with all design files. The CPLD code will be also fully provided and will be open for any modification.

In the group buy i will offer only :
EPSUX3REGV1 combo regulator bare printed circuit board. ( 3 of this)
EPSUX3V2 main bare printed circuit board (1 panel with main board and front panel board)
Front and Rear panels Lexans
LT3081ER linear regulator. (6 of this)

All these parts are light and can be shipped from me to anywhere at low cost.
All others parts must buy by yourself.
Of course, if US DIYers want to organize a components group buy to get
better prices on a single ordering, i encourage it.

In my group buy, i've add the LT3081ER regulator, because the design need six
and that represent a high price. For a group buy of 25, we need 150 regulators
allowing about 2.5 less expensive.
It's also small, and i can easily dispatch them worldwide with PCBs and Lexans
in same small letters.

So i opened a wiki pre-orderdering page for the parts "pack" i will provide.
(For now, i just want to have an idea of how many DIYers could be interested)
You can just add you name (pseudo), location (only country) and number of kit
you are interested to get.

The wiki pre-orderdering list is avaliable --> HERE.

Please, post all your technical question only in the the main project thread.

You can speak here about the group buy and wiki.
Thank you very much !

Regards.

Frex

Curiously, the video link above seem to not target the good one (an older video of the poject).
The good link is HERE : EPSUX3v2 functional demonstration.

Some people realized that (all) wiki pages are unaccessible for some days now.
I've posted this issue on "forum problem" section, but we are waiting...
So,for now if anybody want to join the group-buy list, he can send me PM and i will add he's name as soon the wiki become available again.
Thanks.

Frex

Hello all,

As some of you know, the wiki is unavailable since many weeks and will not be repaired
very soon as Jason has said here.
So, i had used a wiki page to organize the project group-buy and that become to be a problem.
So with the help of Jason, i've recover the list of DIYers of the wiki page.

So, today i wrote a blog page with all informations about the group-buy of the EPSUX3v2 project.
This blog page replace now the wiki.
The blog is HERE.

Until now, 12 pre-order are done on 25 required. We will wait end of February,
and then if we stay less than 25, i will make a new price estimation for a lower batch.

In parallel with that, i re-route each boards to make all needed fix, and also to allow easy voltage calibration (gain adjustment) as suggested by ph01.

I'll try to come back with news soon, and don't hesitate if questions if you hesitate to participate to the group-buy.
If interested, just send me a private message and i will add you in the list.

All the detail of the group buy can be found now HERE on my blog page.

Frex

Hello passive420,

I would prefer avoid to provide it. That consume time and i don't have much...
So, you haven't need reflow oven to solder these type of parts. I don't have one,
and i have soldered manually all parts of the design.
You only need a good soldering iron and a little skill.
You don't need to solder each pins separately, but you can make a weld bead along the pins.
You can see many video tuto to do that. I use this technique from many time very successfully.
Regards.

FRex

Hello,

We are now the 06 March and there is 14 pre-order for the EPSUX3v2 kits
(PCBs+Lexan+regulators). So the target of 25 is not reached.

I think if at least 10 kit are order (from these 14) are confirmed,
i can look for the new price of the kit trying the stay with lower cost as possible.

But before i do this consuming time job, i ask pre-order confirmation to DIYers that will
really want to built this projects.

So, i ask to all interested DIYers that want to join the list to send me a PM with
your personal e-mail address and the number of kit requested.
(even if you are already in the pre-order list !)

Thank you !
Regards.

Frex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.