• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My_Ref Fremen Edition GB (seventh run)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you. I'll try.
Another question: why wouldn't the following configuration be OK (winding 1: AC1 + AC2; winding 2: NAC1 + NAC2)? It should avoid hum problems...

View attachment 516274

Sorry for the image, now it should be visible...
I was wondering why the following configuration would not work well, shouldn't it fix hum problems?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Boards arrived!

attachment.php

Boards are top-notch quality as always :cool:

If troubleshooting is needed now there are clear testing points:

attachment.php

I'll start a test build today to certify that new boards works flawlessy.

This weekend I have to work so I will not be able to ship bare boards before Saturday, December 5.

Also SMD parts arrived but boards with SMD included can possibly ship later (probably December 12) since I have to solder and clean boards.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20151125_202318.jpg
    IMG_20151125_202318.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 479
  • My_Ref FE 1.5 PCBs.jpg
    My_Ref FE 1.5 PCBs.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 17,204
  • IMG_20151125_203919.jpg
    IMG_20151125_203919.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 335
Boards working and singing!

And it seems like never before :)

No hum, no apparent regressions, they seem to sound better than previous version but BOM is pretty different from my previous build.

The biggest difference seems a more lifelike sound with a better layered soundstage :cool:

After shipping I will experiment a bit with the BOM to fine tune it.

Attachments

• IMG_20151125_224830.jpg
    IMG_20151125_224830.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20151126_031455.jpg
    IMG_20151126_031455.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 1,799
  • IMG_20151126_031506.jpg
    IMG_20151126_031506.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 123
All remaining boards shipped!

Yesterday morning (Saturday) all remaining boards have been shipped.

Hopefully all partecipants will have their kits home in time for Christmas holidays. :)

Is BOM 1.5 safe to order at this point?

BOM was safe to order from when I've released it, some minor changes (improvements) have been done, though.

- Vishay MBB0207 were not an improvement over KOA MF (but still good enough), so KOA went back in BOM
- Vishay BC 256 PMG-SI from the 'On a budget' BOM resulted so good they're now in the industrial BOM too.
- The NCC LXZ were a bit more neutral than the already very good Panasonic FR so they're now the standard cap for C1,C2.

Nothing that should bother who already ordered it, simply if you're going to order be sure to use latest one using links in the opening post.

Some further small refinement is possible (PTF56 from the On a budget BOM in place of Caddocks MP915 in the Industrial BOM too, for example) but rest assured that any version of the BOM is already safe to order and good sounding.

For partecipants that ordered boards with SMDs already soldered I've added a special BOM that omits the parts already supplied with PCBs:

http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=fbff7e1d92

Just a note:

1. Remember that BOMs are for 1 channel/PCB, order two of them per kit.
  2. No BOM includes screws and bolts for heatsinks.

Fremen Edition proposal

If anyone is interested I sell a kit (2 pcbs) of the previous run (sixth run) of february 2015, unfortunately I do not have time to realize the amplifier.
For those interested there is also a toroidal power supply (600va) and the resistor pair mk132v hard to find (purchased from hi-fi collective).
Contacts on PM, thank you.
Greetings to all.

Some further small refinement is possible (PTF56 from the On a budget BOM in place of Caddocks MP915 in the Industrial BOM too, for example) but rest assured that any version of the BOM is already safe to order and good sounding.

PTF56 are now the suggested best part for R101, R201, all BOMs have been updated.

They sound more neutral and detailed than the already really good sounding MP915.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.