• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest check on Vicol Audio Maya R2R Volume controller

Would you like to get a bare PCB or a built unit

• Built unit unbalanced (stereo)

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Built unit balanced (stereo)

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • PCB

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • More than two channels built unit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some related threads

These threads cover some basic information for the previous version

Building Vicol Audio R2R Volume controller part 1

Building Vicol Audio R2R Volume controller part 2

Just don't be scared, for those who would like a an already built unit the pricing would be presented for the readily built ones.

Solutions based on R2R Volume control

This is for the previous version, I would believe we'll get more with the new one

Where to use

You can use this volume controller as a standalone controller in your amplifier

Or even build your pre-amplifier unit incorporating a buffer, should be built separately and this volume controller.

Features
Full details can be found on the official page Vicol Audio

Here is an extract:

Power supply

6V - 8V @ min. 10W

Front Panel Cut out

Available from Tvicol Audio

Features:
- R-2R 64 1dB step attenuation
- Android client for bluetooth remote control - BluThor
- infrared remote RC5 autolearning
- OLED display
- 5 selectable inputs
- soft start
- temperature display and monitoring
- temperature protection
- serial I2C bus for unlimited channel extension

So this is considerably complicated device which includes BT volume control and soft start etc, plus the inputs. Might be really considered as a standalone until for implementation.

Tibia would help to answer the specific questions later on I think we can create a Q&A and build threads when some questions would arise and we will group them accordingly to allow Tibi to focus on the delivery rather than distracting him with the same question coming from different people

Market

If you go out to the market you can find a number of cheaper alternatives, like the potentiometers built on resistor ladder without realays starting at 30usd.

Or much more expensive models at several hundred and more without delivery.

An unsoldered kit of a like usually costs around 140 usd + delivery.Pricing for the built units is available below:

[book=Please note that I am just doing interest check to help Tibi to understand the demand. The payments would be submitted directly to Tibi's account once we have reached required number of requests]%[/book]

Pricing

If 100 units will be ordered, Maya unit will be 169 euro.
For 50 units the price per Maya will be 189euro
Under 50 units price will be 259 euro/ unit.

For balanced or multichannel add 100 euro per stereo channel or 2 channels. Maya support unlimited channel extension via I2C bus, so you can build your long dreamed 1000 channel home threater.

All units will include bluetooth module, OLED display, low tolerance MELF resistors, Takamisawa relays and all other Maya options. We may also change/improve firmware base on your forum requests.

Regards,
Tibi

If there would be enough interest the bare PCB option would also be available - pricing is TBC

When would we start

As Tibi already has the components he can start preparing the boards once the agreed number is reached.

Iti s up to diy members to decide at which price we would like to purchase the units.

Lets say we start this GB and let it last for half a year or until 50 or 100 units are sold.

In order to understand the bigger price that you are willing to pay and whether we should start GB request at 50 or wait for 100 requests, I have introduced a special column in the XLS spreadsheet Highest price

Please fill in the R2R Maya Interest@Google Docs

Images and Videos

TBD with Tibi

Last edited:
aardvarkphil

You can indicate your interst together with the price.

We will review the list when real GB is confirmed so would be nothing bad to join now and no penalty for leaving prior to real GB

I am wondering whether bare pcbs count against the GB price or only built pcbs.

Will need to add this to the description once we have answer. I am thinking about balanced version for myself as bare pcb with controller

My guess is you can use two imput boards, which would give you up to 10 inputs. Or use an additional input board from ebay with the number of additional inputs that you are looking for.

Your input selector should have enough capacity to accomodate the additional board.

Than you will need to decide whether you would like to have all the inputs routed to 1 output or two outputs. If the same output should be used an additional relay board might be neaded to switch in between the input boards themselves :)

BTW are you planning to use a single pair output or multi channel volume controller, I think the answer would depend based on it.

If it is multi channel output, than you can add up the relay and Volume controller boards as you wish :)

Lets ask Tibi when he gets back to us, how this query can be addressed in particular with this PCBs

Last edited:
Update.
50 PCB boards are in production.

We have updated Android application.
Use below QR to install on your Android phone.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Screenshots:

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• 20150712105743.jpg
    20150712105743.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 536
  • 20150712105800.jpg
    20150712105800.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 535
  • 20150712105828.jpg
    20150712105828.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 537
This is a very interesting project. I would like to know if it can be bulit for a mix of balanced / unbalanced inputs.

So i am interested in a built balanced version.

Thank you very much,
Boris

You can mix balanced with unbalanced by using only one channel from a balanced unit.
Use google form to subscribe.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.