• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest check on Vicol Audio Maya R2R Volume controller

Would you like to get a bare PCB or a built unit

• Built unit unbalanced (stereo)

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Built unit balanced (stereo)

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • PCB

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • More than two channels built unit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An update document on how to implement Maya on a solid state amplifier and on a tube amplifier.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• VA_Maya_TubeAmp_wiring.jpg
    VA_Maya_TubeAmp_wiring.jpg
    619.9 KB · Views: 249
  • VA_Maya_SSAmp_wiring.jpg
    VA_Maya_SSAmp_wiring.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 236
sfox7076, your goods are on the way. Next week I'll check status and provide you tracking. Now I'm in another city.

David880, Your Maya was missing a high power relay. Monday I'll give you tracking as well.

There is one package returned from UK !!! Again, Monday I'll check status and reship.

Don't worry, all orders will get final destination.

Regards,
Tibi

sfox7076, your goods are on the way. Next week I'll check status and provide you tracking. Now I'm in another city.

David880, Your Maya was missing a high power relay. Monday I'll give you tracking as well.

There is one package returned from UK !!! Again, Monday I'll check status and reship.

Don't worry, all orders will get final destination.

Regards,
Tibi

Tibi,

Thank you very much for your update.

Hi Tibi. I just finished my amplifier and got a little problem.
The Maya is stuck in an overheat warning after the speaker check. What could cause this?
It's not hot. actually the amp doesn't even start. I also detached the temperature sensors but it's still the same.
Help would be nice :)

So it is a software bug. I Actually thought maybe one of the temperature sensors was not ok, but they are provided witz 4.87V and put 0,66V out on the Sernsor line. So that should be fine.
So I need a JTAG then it seems? Or ios there a possibillity to progremm it with the atmel stk500? Havern't worked with it for some time so I'm not sure .
Thanks for the help.

Edit: Just seen you use the ISP. So I should be fine with the stk500 :)

Last edited:
Hi Tibi. I just finished my amplifier and got a little problem.
The Maya is stuck in an overheat warning after the speaker check. What could cause this?
It's not hot. actually the amp doesn't even start. I also detached the temperature sensors but it's still the same.
Help would be nice :)

Hi there.
It is not a bug , it is a feature , it means that he cannot communicate with one or both temperature sensor .
Please check connection to both temperature sensor (maybe you insert wrong the temperature sensors?).
After communication will be ok it will let go further.
Maya cannot work without temp sensors (when enabled by default from settings menu) and if you have not connect both sensors will show that message.
Please check also polarity on sensors (very important : you will see + and - on both boards and on LCD board please check that).
(You can disable temperature monitoring in the setting menu but for this the communication with sensor must be working first ...)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.