• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest check on Vicol Audio Maya R2R Volume controller

Would you like to get a bare PCB or a built unit

• Built unit unbalanced (stereo)

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Built unit balanced (stereo)

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • PCB

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • More than two channels built unit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please see the attached file for programming new firmware.
You are right : the new call did not changes one variable inside that routine , wonder how i did not see it ( me sad ... ).It should be solved now.
Can you test and give feedback to us?

Yes, it works correctly now. I am using only 2 inputs currently (3 and 4) so I can confirm at least that those two work.

One comment about this; The default input names are CD, TUNER, DVD, and AUX. When you program the remote you are asked to designate buttons for Input 1, 2, 3, 4. When you go to customize the text for your inputs you must figure out how the input numbers correspond to the default names. This becomes surprisingly confusing. I have done it several times and still have it backwards. I would rather see the default inputs named "Input 1,2,3,4.

Anyway, really appreciate your support.

Yes, it works correctly now. I am using only 2 inputs currently (3 and 4) so I can confirm at least that those two work.

One comment about this; The default input names are CD, TUNER, DVD, and AUX. When you program the remote you are asked to designate buttons for Input 1, 2, 3, 4. When you go to customize the text for your inputs you must figure out how the input numbers correspond to the default names. This becomes surprisingly confusing. I have done it several times and still have it backwards. I would rather see the default inputs named "Input 1,2,3,4.

Anyway, really appreciate your support.

Glad to see that it is solved.

Hi Tibi.
Gratulations to the release of ver.1
Just flashed it and found a little bug. The Temp_prot_set options isn't adjustable. I got it from 60 to 55 and now it's stuck completely. but I can still exit and save or discard. Just the change doesn't work.
As I can change the softstart and tube time fine I guess there might be a little bug.
v0.8 let me change the protection temperature without a problem.

Other than that it looks fine.
Thanks for this nice piece of hardware

Last edited:
I finally have my Maya running with my Salas DCB1. I barely have an hour of run time but so far it is very good. I haven't tried the bluetooth yet while listening, but I just paired it with my android and it works beautifully. The PIN is 1234 for those wondering...

I used a cheap USBtinyISP from ebay ($7.50 us shipped) and it works well to update the firmware on my Mac.

I still need to route wires properly, fix the heat sensors to the sinks and shorten the transformer leads, but I will save that work for another day cause I want to listen to music!

Thanks Tibi!

Great build kcdonahue!

Nice heatsink solution for the DCB1. May I ask what current level you are running the DCB1 at and what type of thermal paste/material you have between the U shaped channel and the finned heatsinks?

Cant wait to hear your impressions o f the sound.

Regards - Chuck

Thanks Chuck!

This is my third version of my DCB1 and it is running at 600ma. The U channel has a rectangular hole cut in it below the board for some added ventilation (maybe...) and so I can remove the entire heatsink and board to swap components if necessary.

I used a Thermalcote I heatsink compound since I have a few tubes and it has always worked well for me. The aluminum channel needed a lot of sanding before it was flat enough to mount the heatsinks, but I was determined to finish this with parts that I already had laying around. I had it running for 10 hours yesterday and the sinks were at 39c with an ambient house temp of 21c before I turned it off.

I made a number of changes in addition to adding the Maya R2R so need to do some more listening before I can really provide any decent comments. So far it sounds very good.

KC

Hi Tibi - Whilst you are here on this thread, could I ask what the specs are for the encoder supplied please? I was just thinking ahead for the future if I want to change it for a smoother, more expensive enocoder, one without the clicks for example. I love the feel of a Bournes encoder for example, that was on my Audio Synthesis DAX Decade, with the heavy knob, you could spin it nicely and smoothly, almost like a smooth tuner dial.

Cheers....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.