• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW!! GB for Vicol Shiga Transport MKII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Few advices for GB fellows.

After 5 mounts of waiting you get your Shiga MKII and you are eager to start and listen.
Before power up make sure you power up correctly the main board. There is no power protection in place and if you reverse polarity a high grade 400 euro unit is gone for good with or without pyrotechnic effects. (reading this thread always help)

OK, you managed to power up the unit, CD is spinning but there is no joy. CD spin and no TOC reading.
There are two things you may forget:
- one is optical protection lead
- second is laser protection solder bulb
(reading this thread always help)

On other hand, please keep in mind that optical ribbon cable was not designed for many connect/disconnect cycles. Often after 3-4 cycles this is no more usable. If you swap the CD mechanical units and at some point some CD's are no longer readable, look for a ribbon replacement.

Regards,
Tibi

Now the transports are being delivered, does anyone have any detailed plans for a chassis?

Are there any part made chassis available for those of us who are not so great at metalwork?

Which one is suitable for Vicol Shiga Transport MKII?

430 X 360 X80 mm

田雨音响—CDM3、CDM4 转盘机箱
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

430 X 330 x 80 mm
Breeze Audio-全铝机箱4308 顶推盖转盘机箱
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I see various designs for DIY chassis on different forums, some made out of wood, some plexi, some aluminum.

I have a great looking wood box that will work perfect size and cosmetic wise. My only question is, wouldn't these perform better in a shielded enclosure?

Seems some components may be susceptible to RF.

Just got the package yesterday, the box wasn't in good condition when I got it.
Except for the metal round part of the cd mechanism felt off, others are look like in good condition.
18866544843_2eb6321b82_b_d.jpg

How do I fix it? Just glue it back together?

Before I assembly it, can you see anything wrong from the photos of the other parts?
19491509811_04992c9165_b_d.jpg

19491513701_0a3ac7e3e6_b_d.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.