• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW!! GB for Vicol Shiga Transport MKII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, i will sign up.
I have already some ideas for the chassis...
Great job Tibi, it sure looks like a winner, its all up for my assembly then :)

Have you tried different ribbon cables? This looks interesting, silver plated copper:
#2488 High Temperature FEP Flat Ribbon Cable
Or is there something that you can recommend?
-na

Shiga already come assembled with ribbon cable.
Ribbon cable is used to connect control board - display and push buttons - to main board.
I suggest you to focus your money in top quality RCA or BNC connector for S/PDIF, digital cable, enclosure, spikes etc.

Regards,
tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
I think i will use some Canare BNC 75ohm connectors, sorbothane pads etc.
How about hookup wire from mainboard to s/pdif connector?
I see you liked the Mundorf capacitors, so would it be something like Mundorf Silver/gold wire :)
And i meant the cable from laser to mainboard, does that cable also comes with the package? Is there any reason to use something "Esoteric" in that place?
Thanks,
na

I think i will use some Canare BNC 75ohm connectors, sorbothane pads etc.
How about hookup wire from mainboard to s/pdif connector?
I see you liked the Mundorf capacitors, so would it be something like Mundorf Silver/gold wire :)
And i meant the cable from laser to mainboard, does that cable also comes with the package? Is there any reason to use something "Esoteric" in that place?
Thanks,
na

I make use Mundorf silver-gold in my interconnect with great success. I highly recommend.
For ribbon flex cable from laser to main-board I'm also interested to find something "esoteric". Pls let me know if you find something.

Regards,
Tibi

For ribbon flex cable from laser to main-board I'm also interested to find something "esoteric". Pls let me know if you find something.

Ok, how about the Silver plated FEP that i linked? There is 16pin also. Here is what they say:

Description: Daburn FEP ribbon cable reduces crosstalk, compared to PVC constructions. It provides hi-fidelity and dense signal transmission with low dielectric constant. Its low coefficient of friction and excellent abrasion resistance provide a unique non-adhesive and self lubricating surface quality which is ideal for robotics or printer head applications. In addition, it has low water absorption.
The insulation strips and slits easily using conventional equipment available today. It resists corrosion and adhesion and offers the positive properties of PTFE in an IDC configuration.

Each conductor is 28 AWG, 7 strand of 36 AWG silver plated copper with flexible, FEP insulation overall. Conductors are spaced on .050" +/- .002" centers, allowing for mass termination with conventional insulation displacement connectors.

na,

I suggest you to read vicol audio : Shigaclone mkII CD transport
On the page is BOM which provide parts from 4 different major distributors.
The cable I'm referring too is:
0982670321 MOLEX - Cablu: band? FFC | TME - Componente electronice
100R16-152B Parlex USA LLC | HF16U-06-ND | DigiKey
98267-0321 Molex | Mouser
98267-0321 - MOLEX - CABLE, FLAT, FFC, 16WAY, 152MM | Farnell element14 UK

If you find a higher quality one, like teflon or with gold terminations, please let me know.

Regards,
Tibi

List closed. Many thanks to all who participated in this last Shiga MKII group buy.
In the first days of 2015 you'll get a pm with payment information.

Wish all diyaudio members a happy, healthy and prosperous 2015 !

Cheers ! :cheers:
Tibi

Because parts for high grade version are quite expensive, those who subscribed for a high-grade unit are requested to pay or contact me by the end of the month - 31 January.
Even you subscribed on group buy list, after this date I'll no more able to process high-grade orders.
Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Tibi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.