• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW!! GB for Vicol Shiga Transport MKII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The builders thread has some replies along the line of DAC's being used you just have to read through them ! Personally I am building a version of Peter Daniels TDA1543 and also plan a tube DAC based on the PCM63A, and have an Ebay Sellarz electronics 9018 USB in the works. I am trying to get info on the Subbu DAC from this site that is well regarded. Good Luck
Steve

Hi, this may be off topic but..

any recommendations for a DIY DAC that is good enough for a Shiga MKII audiofile version?

I would prefer to assemble myself but still want to get the best out of the transport.

Thanks

Hi! (Though of the week);)
I would say that all decent dac, even very cheap, is good enough for the best drive of the world, but only the better transports are good for the best dacs...

Sooo many people have bought new amps, speakers, cables, etc, without realizing that what they need is a good transport - the only piece of a system where you can't have compromises, if you want good sound/music.
What people usually expect from an amplifier, they get from the drive. All the rest comes after. That's why I am in this GB. No drive, no music.

I mean, if you don't have a good transport, don't buy an expensive dac, but if you have a good transport, you can buy a cheap decent dac.
If you buy (or make) a very good dac for a very good transport, you're in heaven.

Last edited:
Hi, i am totally new here. Do you have a 230V version for use in Singapore? Thanks.

Shiga MKII can be used worldwide.
Power supply can accommodate between 110V to 240 V.
On the forum are two huge thread's who address Shigaclone construction:
Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story
and
Shigaclone MKII Black - The builders Thread

More information is available at vicol audio : Shigaclone mkII CD transport

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Regards,
Tibi

Joined 2012
Paid Member
MKII minikit pricing ?

Thank you very much for offering these kits.

I found the following and I'm interested but first need to know pricing and how many I can send to Australia/Oceania, up to 1KG, for 44 Euro?

Vicol Audio Shiga MKII minikit - shiogaclone
vicol audio : Shigaclone mkII minikit

I can't find these details anywhere, can someone please let me know or point me to what I missed.

Regards,
Rob

Tibi,

I am interested in this GB. May I ask what is the difference between SFP101N-16P and the modded version?
Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards,
dubai

The story is presented in construction thread.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...kii-black-builders-thread-21.html#post3948117

There are 3 capacitors to be replaced and one to be added.
These enhance resolution and reading performance to an unbelievable level, putting Shiga MKII above or at least in line with most expensive CD transports.

A document is available here as well http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...s-thread-vicolaudio_black-shiga-mkii-mods.pdf
Please note that later I have added a silver-mica 100pF cap across monitor potentiometer.

Due the size of MLCC caps which need to be replaced, modifications are not easy to perform and require beside a very good soldering station, a steady hand and lot of soldering experience.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, GB will go even there are less than 100 units. I'll do my best to keep same price even target is not meet.
This will be the last Shigaclone GB.
I'll keep GB open for November and maybe December.

Boards are ready, except CD mechanics all other parts have been ordered.
I already started to stock kits, so everything should go fast and smooth.

Regards,
Tibi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.