• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: SDTrans384 - A micro SD card digital transport

Just received a mail from Jack:
I registered your reservation of SDTrans384.
I may make next batch on next month.

Thank you.
Jack Yamazaki. Tachyon Limited.
The exclusive agency of HiFi Audio Bland BP.
Agency of Seiden and Audiomatica.
***********************************************************​
Those interested can send him a mail directly (jack@mtc.biglobe.ne.jp).

Hello

Is there anybody doing clock mod for SDtrans384?
On the stock board, the two clocks output seems to share the same line..
The clock source is selected by turning off either one clock by the SB pin of the crystal by a relay
Problem is most tcxo and ocxo do not have a SB/EN pin to turn off the output...so it is not possible to do the auto select of clock signal by the relay

Anyone have experience?

SDTRANS 384 issue playing more than one song at a time

Hi there, i am the proud owner of a new SDTRANS 384- however i cant get it play more than one song (from a list of files)

Iam a newbie and know not a lot about PC and the like so i suspect my problem is probably something obvious or fundamental? (Hope so)

When i convert my MP3/Flac to .wav files using an online file converter, the files all play OK on my PC/SD card- using VLC as a player on my PC, so i don't suspect any file corruption issues.
the SD card player shows the correct number of files available after boot up...so it "sees" the available files on the SD card OK.

I initially formatted my 16Gb Transend Micro SD card to FAT 32 and put a single.wav file to play on it,- it plays fine on the SD card player,.... however if i put more than one file on it and jump to the second/third/fourth file from the first- (using the forward button on the player)- the SD player locks up and displays file error 001.

I tried putting four.wav songs in four different folders and using the "folder jump" option on the menu of the SD card player to read each file separately- but get file error 001 and 002 and the player locks up once again.

Think I must be doing something wrong, but darned if I know what!, I have looked on the thread for an answer but i did not see it (or missed it?)

I have changed the two DIL switches on the player to PCM (.WAV) only as per the handbook.
I am running it off a stable 5v Lab power supply just now so hardware wise I think i am OK.

Any suggestions gents?

Cheers

Johnny

Last edited:
Hi there, i am the proud owner of a new SDTRANS 384- however i cant get it play more than one song (from a list of files)

Iam a newbie and know not a lot about PC and the like so i suspect my problem is probably something obvious or fundamental? (Hope so)

When i convert my MP3/Flac to .wav files using an online file converter, the files all play OK on my PC/SD card- using VLC as a player on my PC, so i don't suspect any file corruption issues.
the SD card player shows the correct number of files available after boot up...so it "sees" the available files on the SD card OK.

I initially formatted my 16Gb Transend Micro SD card to FAT 32 and put a single.wav file to play on it,- it plays fine on the SD card player,.... however if i put more than one file on it and jump to the second/third/fourth file from the first- (using the forward button on the player)- the SD player locks up and displays file error 001.

I tried putting four.wav songs in four different folders and using the "folder jump" option on the menu of the SD card player to read each file separately- but get file error 001 and 002 and the player locks up once again.

Think I must be doing something wrong, but darned if I know what!, I have looked on the thread for an answer but i did not see it (or missed it?)

I have changed the two DIL switches on the player to PCM (.WAV) only as per the handbook.
I am running it off a stable 5v Lab power supply just now so hardware wise I think i am OK.

Any suggestions gents?

Cheers

Johnny
Hi, Have you tried using another SD card? I don't have the SDTRANS 384 but (video/music) players can sometines be picky with media. Check the manual that you have formatted the card correctly, too (use the thorough format and not quick format if you use a PC) Hope you can get it to work and some of the experts will join in. All the best, Per

SDtrans file errors

Hi There,

I did a full format of the SD card and put some .wav files on, it gave file error 001, so i did a quick format, put the same files on the card, it showed all files present after initialization, I could use the forward button to jump between all the tracks, but if i press five times (with four track loaded) i get a file error again, it this normal?

Do you have to put every group of .wav files in there own folder (ie ever LP in its own folder?)- even if you do that would i still have the above problems?

thanks

Johnny

Hi Johnny
Are you using Class 4 SD card ? I had 1 Sony SD card which couldn’t play though it shows up ok from the lap top. Not too sure if the conversion affect it as I only transfer CD to Wav.
Pointless to convert from MP3 files cause your not capitalizing on the quality of the Trans384

Hi There,

I did a full format of the SD card and put some .wav files on, it gave file error 001, so i did a quick format, put the same files on the card, it showed all files present after initialization, I could use the forward button to jump between all the tracks, but if i press five times (with four track loaded) i get a file error again, it this normal?

Do you have to put every group of .wav files in there own folder (ie ever LP in its own folder?)- even if you do that would i still have the above problems?

thanks

Johnny
Hmm... This is not right... Following Sumotan's post I would get another sd-card, preferably one recommended used by another SDTRANS 384 user. Then I would do a simple cd to wav conversion or get a wav file from the net to test with. Some players do not like - or other special characters / or long filename: TEST.WAV would be a good start :) What software do you use to convert the files, try another. BTW there must be someone out there able to help you along. Do you have a support email? It could be a firmware problem. Is the firmware updated? I really hope you get it to work. All the best, Per

Hi Pdb

Thanks for the reply, yes, as sumotan pointed out about the class of card I have class 10 ( are you supposed to use another for this player?)..but there's no issue playing whatever I have converted to .wav, it's just it locks up if you say have 4 tracks and jump to a 5 th , I'll try a different make of card first....hope it's not firmware:eek:

I used a online .wav converter, don't know if that an issue, it plays ok on my laptop useing VLC.
It's a new player with latest firmware.

Thanks, keep em comeing:D

Johnny

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, yes, as sumotan pointed out about the class of card I have class 10 ( are you supposed to use another for this player?)..but there's no issue playing whatever I have converted to .wav, it's just it locks up if you say have 4 tracks and jump to a 5 th , I'll try a different make of card first....hope it's not firmware:eek:

I used a online .wav converter, don't know if that an issue, it plays ok on my laptop useing VLC.
It's a new player with latest firmware.

Thanks, keep em comeing:D

Johnny
Class 10 is fastest and sould be fine. As an aexample if how trucky hings can be if you hit a combination that won't work: I have a Clint DC1 video receiver / recorder with an USB port. According to manual and online discussion it could have a problem with usb drives with no external psu. So I started out with a Seagate w ext psu. Would not even recognize the drive... Then a Sandisk class 10 usb stick (they have very low power drain!) Now it found the drive but recording had dropouts... After a while I bought a Toshiba usb drive without ext psu (!) ... and....it worked like a dream and still does... No problem whatsoever...The only thing remaining incompatibility between Windows accessing / copying files generated by the Linux filesystem on the Clint and visa versa. So much for standards... Wish you all the best luck. Per

Thank you per and sumotan

Hi again, thank you for your help here, it's a real pity this player is not straight forward and just plays, but as per illuded to this is DIY audio...but even so!

I will look for a class 4 card, may have to go on line to order one as its all class 10 stuff where I live, ...ah ha..I did not think about the scrolling issue with larger SD cards though...is 32 gb the max.....64 GB must be a real pain assuming it played...?

This is what they must mean by a niche product. :D

I will report back when progress has been made, you gents are a real help, this is a good thread.

My thanks
Johnny

PS -Didn't ECdesignes do something with a raspberry pi to manage musictracks (or am I off track here?)

It realtively straight forward Johnny but off course if your comparing with computer audio it’s a different game but then again Im pretty sure the computer audio can’t match the SQ that Trans 384 provides. As long as you stay with 4-8gb cards, it behaves like a Cdp

Enjoy